Potential intruder on Blackwater Street?

snatedawg

My husband just opened the door to a guy who had his hand (which was covered in a handkerchief) in our letterbox. When my husband asked what he was doing he said he was looking for somebody called Jonathan. When my husband asked what he wanted Jonathan for, the guy looked flustered and just said he was his mate and that he must have the wrong house number. So he went next door and asked there and ran off when the guy told him there was nobody of that name living there either. Very strange. The guy was about 6ft, around 50 in age, black and smoking a cigarette. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Reminds me of an incident when I was a child. I woke up to see a hand in out letterbox trying to hook wire over the lock (to open it). I got my dad up and when he went to the door it was the same story...someone claiming to be looking for someone.

This guy had his hand in your letter box because he was trying to break in or to steal...report it to the Police with a description.

TJ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if you see fingers poking through (covered by a

> cloth as they are trying to avoid leaving prints),

> take the hammer you leave by the door, and him

> them with all your might.

> :-)

Nah - that'd break the door - metal stick in the gas and sssssizzzzzzle

Reminds me of a story I heard a sweet little old lady tell.

She was sitting in front of the fire as someone removed a panel of leaded light from a top casement window,

as the hand came through to feel for the window handle she held the hot poker in position for the thief to grab.

I can almost smell the burning skin, no more thieving for a few weeks. Not that I'm condoning such action .. of course.