twin buggies...advice please!

DrDom

Hi,

I have a one year old and have another due in june and was looking for some advice in dual buggies for a newbie and a toddler buggy. I am at a complete loss! (also looking for a second hand one if anyone is looking to sell???) thanks alot!

dom

For our twins we have a nipper, it's pretty narrow, not too expensive, very light, suitable from newborn. You'd need to check it for your boot. It goes through any door that wll take a wheelchair. It doesn't have seats that come far forward, some toddlers don't like the way it reclines slightly. I find bus drivers don't let me on with this buggy though.

We also had a tandem, Jane powertwin. I don't particularly like tandems, though it does mean the children can't hit each other etc while in the buggy. It obviosuyl goes through narrow spaces.

Once the new baby is a few months old, a mclaren twin side by side might be the thing, can't go far wrong with a mclaren!

Then there is the phil and ted with the coccoon... I must say the underneath position doesn't look much fun to me, you'd need to consider how long you'd have two toddlers in the buggy.... These buggies fit into shops, on buses.

My daughter is nearly 1 and number 2 is due in April, we have invested in a Phil & Ted's Vibe. Pleased with it so far and it's practical as its normal width (easy for buses) and folds very easily and fairly small for the car.

I didn't go for a side by side since I didn't fancy my chances on the narrow pavements of LL and small shops - even a normal width buggy isnt always easy for this :-(

i had both a 'side by side' and 'upstairs downstairs' with P&T's and would recommend again and again. initially i was not happy about the seat 'below' but the children fought over who could sit in that seat thus proving to me again that children are a constant source of amazement...

my twins are just 5, when i think how choice has changed since then i understand your confusion. back in *grim* 2005 it was either the maclaren (which i loved as my first buggy) or the outrageously expensive urban buggy one (forgotten full name.)

my sister has just used the cocoon system and toddler seat combo and it really does work a treat.

We've gone for a phil and teds - 2 reASONS - a) Couldn't get a side by side in the house (small narrow hall) and b) Not sure how long the older one will buggy ride for so at least can use as a sensible single buggy in the future.

Apparently Mountain Buggy are bringing out a really slimline side by side (63cm?) in the Spring 2011 (too late to wait and see it for us) and a tandem version. Bugaboo are bringing out a new side by side too - but looks v odd. There's a p&t vibe on sale in the classifieda atm I think though - they often come up.

Going to try to get one on eBay, but if not then will import it yes. Might get my parents-in-law to bring it over at the beginning of April, which would mean getting by with sling and single buggy for a month or so. Hope we like it! The Phil and Teds is too long to store in our shed, and none of the side by sides fit through our front door.

Hi

We have a Jane powertwin to sell if you are interested. We were very happy with it. My kids are 14 months apart and we wanted something that made them feel equal and also prevent them from scrapping. They always loved going in it.

PM me if interested - you are welcome to come and have a trial run.

S