Posh kid friendly restaurant - any tips?? Does one exist?!

Lochie

Not sure this exists - does anyone know of a good/well renowned restaurant/or gastro pub that is kid/baby friendly??? Looking for an eaterie for a special family birthday in April and want more than just the local bistro. Doesn't have to be Michelin starred but want something a bit special as its for a 60th. Don't mind whether its up in town or local as it would be for a lunch for about 8-10, with a 3 month old and 18 month old....

Thank you!

I've been to The Narrow (Gordon Ramsey Gastropub by the river at Canary Wharf) with my two little ones of the same age and it was great - in laws liked it as well. Sun was shining on the river, and we were in the conservatory so lovely view, and apparently the beer was nice!). Could be fun to go up there on the boat too?

Also like Butler's Wharf Chop House - they are good with kids, have high chairs etc.

I am pretty robust about eating out with smalls, but always go for the early option if possible - 12 o clock-ish booking, eating by 12.30, out by the time the "proper" grown ups are in for the boozy session at 2ish. Take toys/get bread early to stuff in older one/be prepared for one of you to do a stint walking them about outside if they kick off. Fingers crossed 3 month old might sleep?

We took my dad to Trinity in Clapham for his 60th lunch when my kids were 2 weeks old and 2 years old - can highly recommend it. We had the chefs table which gave us a bit of privacy and ordered a Sunday roast for the whole table which meant that my 2 yo daughter could pick at roasties and bits of veg. The staff were great with the kids - eg. said daughter's ice cream came decorated as a mouse - but it was special enough to feel like a proper occasion. Worth a look at their website. Plus the Common is across the road if your toddler needs a run around!

Thank you Keef yes have thought of the Palmerston but my mum has lived in the area for 40 years now (and generally frequents La Chardon quite a bit) so wanted to take her up to town for something a bit special. Useful to know about the Palmerston - might consider going there with hubby one eve just the two of us....we haven't eaten there yet...thanks for tip

Fair enough. As she's old skool, she may also still think of the Palmerston, as the crappy old pub it used to be (I know I do sometimes).

That said, I've eaten there 3 times, first for a friend's wedding, which was great. Second, or a Sunday roast, which I didn't think was great, but that is because I basically think there is only so much you can do with a roast.

Most recently was just before christmas, with the family, and I have to say, it was awesome. Bill was about ?220 for 5 of us though!

I've seen a toddler in chez bruce. Also with 10 of you, you might be able to book the upstairs room - had a dinner there in the summer with two toddlers and a 5 year old.

O/w looking locally - has your mum be to le querce in forest hill? Food is outstanding and v child friendly.

On Sunday we went to Claridges for lunch to celebrate my father- in-laws 70th. I'm 9 months pregnant and have a 2 year old toddler. My 5 year old nephew was also there. They were amazingly child friendly (and attentive/ considerate to me!!)... lunch lasted over 4 hours so we tested their patience but they couldn't have been more accomodating. Though we were in the main restaurant they had given us a table off to the side so felt like we had an area to ourselves and the children could therefore have a wander. They spent the last hour going up and down the stairs in the main hotel..maybe some of the guests didn't appreciate that but they enjoyed themselves. Was bloody expensive but mainly due to alcohol consumed! The 3 course set lunch is ?30 each which isn't too bad considering prices at places like the Palmerston- definately worth it as a really nice treat!

l'anima apparently - haven't been myself but read a review saying v kid friendly. Compared to Locanda locatelli (the new kid in town) already mentioned and also kid friendly, food is fantastic.

Thank you everyone for your ideas - have decided to go for Locanda Locatelli. I have been there a few times and I know my Mum has wanted to go for ages. I was surprised to hear suggestions of Locatelli and Claridges as they are so beautifully pristine and I have visions of my son pulling a white table cloth off and all the china on top, but may as well give it a try!!!

Thanks again :))