Gaming room (It's a geeks paradise)

mockney piers

Mw2 isnt po faced it's fun wih even more capitals than thereare letters!!

Yeah ok shoot lots of people. I'm just saying there must be something I can do so I do that more often than people do it to me.

Although did get a 20/6 k/d spread last night. Nothing quite like a harrier strike!!!!

But still on .85 k/d ratio.

Right favoured setup:

Scar H : silencer, grenade launcher or maybe holographic sight or maybe heartbeat sensor, depends on level

flash bangs

Semtex

cold blooded or stopping power

bling though scavenger is better on a level where I do well as I hate dying because you've got no bullets left and are reduced to flash bangs and knifing

commando

A 12 shotgun thingy

red dot sight

silencer

MW2 is amazing. Up to 49 now - don't know how I have played it sooooo much around a full time job.

Preferred is similar to yours Mockney although embarrasing that you use a grenade launcer you fooking nOOb. (Joke - I talk like them now)

Right favoured setup:

Scar H : Hearbeat Sensor, Silencer

flash bangs

Frag

Favourite perks are Ninja Pro, Marathon, Commando Pro, Stopping Power, Hardline - although I rotate all the time depending on the level and can't remember which go together.

Final Stand

Favourite level would be Favela or ScrapYard. Although I love a huge fight on Rust. HATE Quarry more than life itself.

Have you tried Search and Destory? No respawning in the level - really tense on big levels like Wasteland and Derail.

All I need now is the headset, as I have my emblem as the German flag (just to wind everyone up) and have loads of 15 yr old's calling me a Nazi. Can't wait to respond in the best queens English. 12 Killstreak the other day and was in my first game that someone got a Tactical Nuke - quite funny.

After discovering that online gaming is full of American little shits who call everything gay I have dispensed with headset for non spec op/co op type gaming, though nothing wrong with winding people up in my book :)

I do do search and destroy and yes horribly tense. Also enjoy hardcore more than normal, you pretty much have to dispense with the heartbeat sensor as everyone is ninja though, silencer is simply a must though.

Favoured levels, high rise, wasteland, terminal and Karachi (or is it invasion) good days and bad days on rundown, scrapyard and favela sub base and derail. Terrible days on underpass, rust and quarry (unless you camp like an arse, plus grenade launcher is amust for that level

Yeah - I'm pretty new to it all. Not been into online game since Quake 11 on the PC back in the day. So I think I will spend a few hours shouting at randoms through the TV. I've decided I am going to sing Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles (don't know the actual name of it) at the top of my voice for a bit. Then I will probably get bored and put it in the draw.

Really loving Capture the Flag and I wish they had the Hardcore Cage Match not in 3rd Person - as would quite like a go at that.

I would refer you to a post I made in July

"Alwyas bought Sony consoles but not a PS3 - it just doesn't have anything worth buying on there (LBP possibly excpeted) - the 360 has way more games, a better (IMO) live service and all round experience

And it's cheaper

the Wii... has a couple of very good games but tbh I rarely switch it on"

And to be honest nothing has changed since then. Nothing has happened on PS3 game wise to make it attractive and the 360 continues to get teh bestcatalogue of games on the current generation. Games which exist on both consoles are for the most part slicker on 360 (Bayonetta - one of 2010 biggies is a massive case in point)

in raw terms the PS3 SHOULD be better but if my 360 broke tomorrow I would just go out and buy a replacement. For once in my life I can afford the other main console but there is just nothing worth getting on PS3 (bar one or two marginal releases)

A couple of years ago I'd have said xbox no question about it.

These days there's little in it.

PS3 is a better machine and not quiiiite as noisy plus it has blu ray.

Xbox live is still a bit of winner but Sony are fast catching up and I doubt paragon's MW2 experience is any different to mine.

Xbox still a bit cheaper. Basically are there any exclusive must have games on either side? If not then flip a coin.

in some (more than you would think) cases they are worse Timster

In a few cases they are better but very few

I expect the PS3 to have a fantastic 2010 after the redesign and price cuts and agree largely with what Piers says. But I'm standing by my statement that it would be 360 if I was buying tomorrow

some techy comparisons from a regular face off article here

I don't want to sound like a Sony-hater because I'm not I've bought all of their consoles until the PS3 - I just don't see anything on there. I see potential - bags of it, but not much in way of solid purchases

Blueray? A format cul-de-sac and an expensive one. HD films are available on multiple other sources

PSN live? poor compared to xbox live

The PS3 doesn't work? Blu ray is a dead format already? Fan boys! ;-)

What does Xbox Live do that PSN doesn't? As far as I can tell you can play people online but you pay for one and the other is free. PSN has all the content I want and I don't pay. I like that. My usage of consoles these days is probably very different from you guys. I have one game I concentrate on and that's it, I can't afford and don't want to spend out on lots of games and not get my moneys worth. MW2 is that game right now and I can get online and get in a game quickly. After years of fanboyism between Nintendo and Sega and Sony and Microsoft and blah blah blah don't you just think it's whatever system you have you prefer?

I hve nothing against the PS3 at all, I too owned the previous two, every nintendo machine ever offered, megadrive, even an atari lynx!!

I just have nothing pushing or pulling me to buy one, my xbox still works and the quality of game remains largely indistinguishable and the one PS3 I played on didn't work.

It would be fanhoyism if is said 'sony sucks cocks' or something.

It doesn't, I refer you to my first advice that said there's really nothing on it so see which games you want.

MW2 is of course cross platform (well multi platform) so not a deal breaker.

Plus it would be remiss of me not to mention the possibility of RRoD on the xbox, which I, like every other owner, suffered from.