Gaming room (It's a geeks paradise)

mockney piers

So is the Snes!!!

When I was younger and not yet able to get my hands on stuff I shouldn't I used to go round to my mate Tom's house and play Zelda till my eye's bled.

For me my gaming days were at their Zenith during the 4th generation (16bit) era and a about a year on the Playstation 1 after which I lost interest in gaming.

In all honesty if you gave me the option of taking the latest gaming technology or a Snes and my dad's knacked old P.C with Lands of Lore I'd take the latter any day.

Same here Keef. Me and my brothers had a Megadrive whilst my mate Tom had the Snes. I though they were both equally as good as each other but if memory serves me correctly Nintendo did tend to release more titles compared to Sega or were more willing to let outside software developers make games for their platform.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> tch - ratty asks for invites, gets one and ignores

> it

>

> I have been rebuffed!

>

> Still it was very amusing to play a game of 1 vs

> 100 with Mockney Piers and anotehr friend from

> devon online the other night - very freaky seeing

> our avatars gesturing away in a big mob

>

> I crushed him btw ;-)

Sorry - I have not seen this.... also have been ill with Gastro Enteritis for 5 days! :(

Spend a little time on the tutorial until you're happy. Also play about with the different plane control configurations and I find the external view on plane and tank much easier.

And I meant the game se?or onion, I'm well aware that it's time rather than skill that's pit me ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Trials HD on XBox arcade. Marvellous, simple premise but controls beautifully. Bargain for a tenner too. It will bring a tear to the eye of anyone who remembers Eddie Kidd's Jump Start.

Was it Boneyard playing Dead Space? Got it in the bargain section the other day also for a tenner, quite enjoying it even if I have been there before in a Half Life meets resident evil via bioshock.

I meant more in the leaderboard way, so Geometry Wars, Trials and yes Battlefield, but will happily tack on to a game if I see you, though even if you party up you cam end up on opposing teams.

Battlefield is definitely aimed at the casual gamer Sean, very true to the arcade environment in which it sits. It is also a lot of fun.