Railway Footbridge Ivanhoe Choumert Coplestone

Hi,

I'm moving to the area and am considering my different commuting routes. I've traversed the bridge mentioned above after dark only once and didn't spot anyone hanging around. It is well lit and the area seems to be very safe. Does anyone use this route late at night? I am a sensible person and understand the fallibility of anecdotal versus actuarial evidence on risk, but would just feel a lot safer if i knew there were lots of people using this thoroughfare without issue already.

Thanks all,

BT

hmm, not sure where this is but now I'm curious as I often cross the bridge on Avondale.....I've just google mapped it and it looks like there is a crossing from the end of Ivanhoe rd through to Copleston - is that where you mean genwilliams or does it bring you out further down on Choumert? Fascinating I'll have to investigate.

I use it reasonably regularly at night and have never encountered anyone there. It's better now they cut back some of the bushes at the Ivanhoe end, which means you can see all the way down. You get a nice view across to Canary Wharf from the bridge too.

This footpath is part of my regular running route - a route I take 2-3 times a week in the dark and have never had any problems, seen anything etc. In fact, I don?t think in all the years I have lived here and used this cut through that I have even passed anyone else using it! This does, I realise, not make it safe! but I don?t ever feel any angst when running up/down there...

Welcome to the area!