Fish and Chips - we miss Seacow

Here we go Sephiroth, seeing as this issue seems so important to you, here as a actual article breakdown by U.K. region of where certain sauces are most popular. As I was alluding to in earlier posts, Wales opts for curry sauce by some margin, and the north and midlands opt for gravy. Here it is in black and white, just in case you want to make a further mountain out of a molehill over this, like you do with most things related to me. I would ask for an apology, but no doubt you?ll somehow find a way of continuing to justify your bizarre Sunday evening goading rant.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2012/02/21/great-british-chip-divide

Louisa.

Sure Lou

Several posters say they have curry sauce in various northern towns, some talk about where to to get it dulwich but you just ignore them to focus on me

Your yougov poll also lists some respectable numbers for curry sauce up north. But whatevs eh??

People migrate. People change

I have no problem believing curry sauce is most popular in wales. None

But waving that fact around to dismiss people who might want curry sauce in London is... well I don?t know what it is

If people want something let them have it eh?

I am not ignoring other posters experiences, I was simply stating a fact that curry sauce is synonymous with Welsh chippies, and gravy with the north. I?m not suggesting you can?t get either elsewhere in the country, and I?m sure if I was sick enough to want curry sauce with my chips around ED I could find somewhere that provides such an offering. I was stating facts about regional popularity for each type of sauce. Bizarre and slightly ironic you feel I turned my response to your rant about me, into a rant about YOU. I guess that?s how goading works though, do a 180 and turn it back at the person you?re trying to wind up. Anyway, enjoy whatever you want on your bloody chips!

Louisa.

diable rouge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Loutwo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I think he became sick of the clique.

>

> According to you he was in the clique...

Absolutely not. *Bob* was a unique, independent forum personality who happily poked bears with sticks and nearly always got a response. A Lone Ranger who stood his ground. Much like myself, a martyr to the ?go it alone? gang on the EDF, who fell on his sword to avoid further clique related conflict.

Louisa.

*Bob* gave me nothing but grief. He was a little cog in the Clique.

But the clique were nothing without the rest of the Clique to back them up.

But that is all in the past. Most of the Clique are still around but have changed their names.

But The Fox is still the Fox and a Millwall supporter. 'No one likes us. We dont care.'

*Bob* was no real Match :)

Christ. Curry sauce is available in most hippies in my experience. Gravy less so . Cant believe a discussion about fish and chip condiments evolves into sonething else . Being from birmingham we have scallops.. which are basically massive round chips the size of you hand fir 30p .

This is bloody brilliant!

One name and *Boom* the defensive clique come on all strong

And ignoring the mushy pea doesn?t mean it doesn?t exist, in Whales or North land.

I?ve been to India and you know what, NO CURRY SAUCE & CHIPS

Yeah, yougov or whatever doesn?t mention that, and Foxy probably makes his own to an ?authentic? Bradford Chip ship recipe.

The sauce clique is alive a cliqueing, mark my words.

The EDF is creaking back to form, usual suspects lined up.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Much like myself, a martyr to the ?go it alone? gang on the EDF.

A gang by definition is a clique.

Anyways, I worry about *Bob*, how does he channel all that pent-up sarcasm without the EDF? It's no coincidence that since he left the quality of TV ad jingles has plummeted. I guess it was inevitable after he had to give up his Rolf Harris Stylophone for obvious reasons, it was like asking Mozart to compose a concerto without a violin. I bet he loved mushy peas too...*Bob* not Mozart, obvs

Loutwo Wrote:

> I am not ignoring other posters experiences, I was

> simply stating a fact that curry sauce is

> synonymous with Welsh chippies, and gravy with the

> north. I?m not suggesting you can?t get either

> elsewhere in the country, and I?m sure if I was

> sick enough to want curry sauce with my chips

> around ED I could find somewhere that provides

> such an offering. I was stating facts about

> regional popularity for each type of sauce.

> Bizarre and slightly ironic you feel I turned my

> response to your rant about me, into a rant about

> YOU. I guess that?s how goading works though, do a

> 180 and turn it back at the person you?re trying

> to wind up. Anyway, enjoy whatever you want on

> your bloody chips!

>

> Louisa.

I always thought half and half (half rice, half chips) was a Welsh thing but I doubt it - others must order it.

JohnL Wrote:

> I always thought half and half (half rice, half

> chips) was a Welsh thing but I doubt it - others

> must order it.

Stick to the subject John

It?s chips John, rice is too much of a diversion.

Bloody heck, next we?ll be saying

?I like chips with lasagne?

Then what? All hell breaks loose

Loutwo Wrote:

> Who on earth East chips with lasagne? Surely a

> nice salad and garlic bread is the only route?

> Bizarre choice.

>

> Louisa.

It?s very common in old school greasy spoon type cafs, I thought you liked those traditional, low cost, working class places and the people that eat in them?

Scottish Chippies have so much more to offer than others. I crave a Black Pudding supper (battered and deep fired black pudding) but would also easily devour:

Haggis supper

Battered Hamburger supper

Deep Fried Pizza Supper

Smoked Sausage Supper

White Pudding Supper

Steak Pie Supper

King Rib Supper

Any of these with an added chip onion. Washed down with a glass bottle of Irn Bru. YUMBOS

Barry likesay.

pk Wrote:

> Loutwo Wrote:

> -----

> > Who on earth East chips with lasagne? Surely a

> > nice salad and garlic bread is the only route?

> > Bizarre choice.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> It?s very common in old school greasy spoon type

> cafs, I thought you liked those traditional, low

> cost, working class places and the people that eat

> in them?

When I go to a greasy spoon the last thing I wanna eat is lasagne. I?d rather have a fry up or egg and chips. If I want something fancy like lasagne I?d rather go in Wetherspoons thanks all the same!

Louisa.

Ever had your gums round a Black Pudding Supper Lou? Loads salt and Vinegar. Amazing.

Loutwo Wrote:

> pk Wrote:

> -----

> > Loutwo Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Who on earth East chips with lasagne? Surely

> a

> > > nice salad and garlic bread is the only

> route?

> > > Bizarre choice.

> > >

> > > Louisa.

> >

> > It?s very common in old school greasy spoon

> type

> > cafs, I thought you liked those traditional,

> low

> > cost, working class places and the people that

> eat

> > in them?

>

> When I go to a greasy spoon the last thing I wanna

> eat is lasagne. I?d rather have a fry up or egg

> and chips. If I want something fancy like lasagne

> I?d rather go in Wetherspoons thanks all the same!

>

>

> Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Who on earth East chips with lasagne? Surely a

> nice salad and garlic bread is the only route?

> Bizarre choice.

>

> Louisa.

I think Lou is actually a Russian bot sometimes, it?s moments like this and I?d put my money on.

It?s like a machine that?s been programmed by an absolute expert on subverting us British, only it?s tripped up by food combos that only real people would know about.

I?ve an image of steam coming out of the ears of an operator, in a bunker under the Kremlin

?Lasagne AND chips? these people are fucked up?

?Say garlic bread with lasagne, it?s a safer bet?