Recommend a Dentist

p_glover

The scale and polish I had at Forest Hill Road was not comparable to ones I have had at a private surgery I went to, even though I paid to see thehygienist there and did not rely on the basic one. The dental exam was rushed. No hot water anywhere in the surgery.

By contrast the treatment in the Gardens was excellent, both with Rashed and the hygienist. Costs were exactly the same as Forest Hill Road.

I used to see Aoife at Northcross Road - for over a year - and she was great, but when she left I had to search for a new local dentist.

• 1 year later...

HI there - resurrecting this thread. Whole family needs dentist check ups - gulp. Partner goes to East Dulwich Dental Care on Forest Hill Road =- although its been a while. Anyone got feedback on either that one or The Gardens based on recent experience? Any info much appreciated.

HPsaucey

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I am fairly new in this forum. recently moved to Dulwich area.just joined this local forum. I am in urgent need of dentist( in pain). I have read all comments more or less. seems nicol , buni and lela are good. any recommendation out of these 3 ????

Hi Kondolusly

For private treatment, I have found The Gardens to be a highly professional and well run practice.

For NHS treatment, ask your friends and neighbours where they go, then pop in to a couple and make up your own mind.

Good luck!

I've been a patient at East Dulwich Dental Care since the week the surgery opened over 30 years ago and have seen many dentists come and go at the practice. I haven't been now for a couple of years, following a really awful and very odd experience with a young female dentist, who did unnecessary cosmetic work without explaining what she was doing. The work looked dreadful, and she must have realised because she didn't charge me for what she had done. It was all very strange, and has really put me off returning to the practice. my husband had also had some very negative experiences with the practice as well.

Hi again. Just a bit of feedback about my dental appointment last week at East Dulwich Dental Surgery.

Reception was nice and friendly. Not a long time wait to be called inside the room.

I saw a lady called Lale as my dentist. As I said before I was in pain with one of my teeth.she started with 'how can I help you?' Which i'd never heard from a NHS dentist before( behaving very professionally I should say). She did xray and i was shown the problem and options explained. Luckily someone had cancelled the appoitment so she offered wether I want to have the job done at the same day.

As far as i was concerning about the peocedure, she did it very smoothly and painless. Its been 4 days now that i have no more pain which im very grateful about.

At the end i saw another lady as hygieniest to clean my teeth properly. Very good job was done I would say.

All in all, it was a very pleasant dental appintment and So far so good.

Hello,

Just wanted to give the other side of the story regarding The Gardens dental surgery.

Having been automatically moved to this surgery as my previous dentist was closing, i expected to be able to make similar appointments - one Sat a month, occasional late night openings (post 5pm) on a Thursday, being able to book the hygienist directly...i was in for a big shock! No Saturdays, no later than 5pm appointments, not able to book the hygienist without also seeing a dentist. Completely impractical for anyone who works full time. When I asked if they could suggest another dentist who would be able to offer these services they said no!

Good luck.

• 4 months later...

I used the North Cross Smile dentist very recently having avoided going to the dentist for 10+ years and thought they were great. The reception folk are brilliant and really put you at ease.

The hygienist isn?t cheap though and they take a deposit up front but maybe this is normal practice / reasonably priced; as I say, it?d been a while!

Good luck!

Toddinator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi, I'm terrified of the dentist and need to book

> an appointment. Does anyone know if the North

> Cross Road dentist is still as good as quoted on

> here back in 2011?

>

> Thanks.

Not in my experience. Will never go back there again.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I realise this is an old thread but my other half had been seeing an excellent chap at the North Cross Road clinic called Daniel but seems he has now moved on.. I don't suppose anyone knows where to?

Failing that can anyone recommend a decent NHS dentist nearby assuming earlier recommendations are now out of date?