SE22 Magazine

Guest *Bob*

Oooh, M&S. Would that be in the glaziers on Lordship Lane? The link is to a map so we can all make sure we're talking about the same place. Now, what I like about this map is that, much like Huguenot says they should (see above post), it follows the classic lines that I feel a map should be following. However, it does boast some lovely innovations, such as doubling as a picture locator. Fancy huh?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/batholomew/map/

yahoo maps or flickr map kind of spring to mind.

What say we ask Mark to change thread titles to backfit what threads actually end up being about, rahter than their original intentions.

So this one would be cartographic nonsense or something.

While 96% of other threads will be either House Prices Rise, M&S in LL, or I Hate Middle Class Scum

Clearly writing SQL popluation routines and getting rid of "[" and "]" from the SQLDMO script output isn't fizzing my bunghole today

I like 'fizzing my bunghole' and shall adopt it with immediate effect. I can already picture ways in which I could employ it.

Hm, yes. I know we've used this freelancer before, but frankly she just doesn't fizz my bunghole. Let's pan her and outsource it to Bangalore.

Hughues - I think that the table is simply an indicative notion of the relative density of Starbucks in any given area. As you say it is not a map in the pure sense. For true picture you might visit the Starbucks website or possible write a politely worded letter to their corporate headquarters. Perhaps you could do this after your next recce visit to the new wet fish shop?

Yes, agreed, but it doesn't title itself as "an indicative notion of the relative density of Starbucks in any given area" does it? It titles itself as a "map".

Strictly speaking if one were to use rather dull mathematical terms it does have something to do with matrix mapping, but there's no evidence that the creator (let us call him "God" since we have little notion at this stage of his substance) had that in mind when he created it.

On that basis God doesn't know anything about maps, and whilst some may reflect on this as a mysterious way, I for one have no faith in him.