Wedding reception venue in ED/Peckham area

elw222

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a local venue for a wedding reception, for about 120 people for a sit down meal? We'd prefer dry hire and a modern feel, could be a pub though if you're able to hire out the entire pub. We're holding the ceremony at the Asylum Chapel and looking for somewhere in the locale, preferably with a late license.

Thanks!

The Lordship has a lot of wedding events...120 might be a push. Could try Suzanne James on Barry Road. I think the White Horse in Peckham has a large-ish capacity. Crown and Greyhound in Dulwich?

Just some thoughts - probably not that helpful!

We got married at The Asylum and had our reception at The Rye pub.

The staff were amazing, and Charlie the manager was fantastic.

We hired the whole place, had a fancy BBQ buffet for food (which was what we wanted, but they have done sit down meals for weddings before), and they organised a late license, which was important to us because our ceremony wasn't until 4pm.

Highly recommended!

we had our reception at The Rosendale in West Dulwich, a few years ago now and think the management may have changed - used the garden for drinks and then there are 2 rooms upstairs, big one for dinner then dancing and a smaller room that we used for a creche and then quieter room for talking / drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I got married in the area last year - we booked Bel Air as we thought it was a great location and fantastic house/building. However, 3 weeks before our wedding they let us know that they had accepted another (late) wedding booking for the same day and they were going to put the new wedding in a marquee in the front lawn. We eventually cancelled our booking with them and were so angry and upset. We had so many sleepless nights and my wife was distraught. We had already had sent out invites and had everything set - they were absolutely terrible at communicating with us to find a solution. We were offered no compensation or anything - the place is a shambles. DO NOT BOOK THERE. All they cared about was maximising their revenue - had no compassion for us and the situation.

However, we managed to book (late) the Brewbird Cafe in Camberwell and they were fantastic - they have a lovely courtyard and it was far better than we could have imagined. http://www.brewbirdcoffee.co.uk/

We got married at the Camberwell Registry office and had the reception at Brewbird Cafe - highly recommended.

Thank you all so much for your input, it's been so helpful in guiding my search and focusing our minds on what we want. I think we've decided to go for the Horniman, probably. If anyone has any experiences with booking or hosting there please shout!

Our daughter thought about the Horniman. It's private-ish, but too many people around in close proximity from the park. Where will your guests park ? It's busy enough in the area on a normal week end.

Try Dulwich College (pricey - but excellent). But make sure all the scaffolding is down by the time of the wedding !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
We went to a friends wedding at the Horniman and it was great - lovely venue with excellent food. I think from what I recall they only use on caterer who does all of their weddings, so you may want to look into that. We got married at the Asylum and it was ace!