Indian restaurants in Dulwich

vshah

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Babur is now Baboring

>

> Invest more in a cab to Tooting, spend less on the

> food.

Or invest in an airfare to the subcontinent, eat 600 meals whilst there, come back and don't dine out Indian for a couple of years - and you're quids in....

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Arrhh Tooting.. I had a lady friend who lived in

> Tooting. mid 1980's 30 years ago.

>

> ...So done that when it was good. Now over priced

> .. pretentious .. but I get that suits some

> people.

>

Overpriced and pretentious??

Have you actually eaten there?

PMSL

:)) :)) :))

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I wonder if Dulwich Fox could actually tell

> whose

> > Madras was whose in a blind tasting.

> >

> > I also wonder how many people in East Dulwich

> > actually eat in these restaurants. They

> certainly

> > don't seem as full as they used to be, in fact

> > they usually look quite empty.

> >

> If only Tooting wasn't such a slog to get to.

> The

> food there is head and shoulders above anything

> round here.

>

>

> Does that include Ganapati ??

>

Ganapati is in Peckham.

I was talking about the LL restaurants.

Tooting, (a place with a massive Indian Comunity) is overpriced and pretentious?

I think Fox has just joined the Sith Form debating club.

Ha ha! Come on Foxtrot, you're baiting for attention now aren't you, now all the big mean boys have left you're missing being at the centre of some attention.

Silly Furboy .

Seabag Wrote:

> Tooting, (a place with a massive Indian Comunity)

> is overpriced and pretentious?

>

> I think Fox has just joined the Sith Form debating

> club.

>

> Ha ha! Come on Foxtrot, you're baiting for

> attention now aren't you, now all the big mean

> boys have left you're missing being at the centre

> of some attention.

>

> Silly Furboy .

Come on Seabugsy

How much stick did I. Me, Foxy get for giving negative accounts of local outlets over the years ???

Now when I give Positive accounts of local outlets I STILL get stick.

You cant have it both ways.

Foxy.

ETA. With the gang of 4 it was always personal. Was it a 'Clique' ?

Well, they all stopped posting at the same time. They just needed each other for back up.

I stand on my own two feet.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Positive accounts of local outlets slagging off

> establishments from outside the area and the

> people that use them

You are Slipping KK. Took you 3 mins to respond to my post.. Fox Post Alarm not working ?

DF

DulwichFox Wrote:

> KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I just used the generic ED BS scanner. And your

> > post popped up !

>

>

> Fair Enough.. Just a quick question ??

>

> With certain people currently not posting, are you

> The Man now.

>

> Fox

I can see this developing into a Spartacus debate.

I'm the man !!

For some reason, whenever anybody disagrees, for perfectly valid reasons which they give, with something DF has posted he takes it as a personal slight rather than a disagreement with his views.

If everybody did that, even more people would be leaving the forum in droves ......

Actually there's a logical error in that last sentence, isn't there, but you know what I mean .....

Took an old workmate who lives in Penge to Memsaab last Friday.

We do not usually meet up but he was so impressed he texted me for a repeat curry at Memsaab tonight.

Will be my 5th curry at Memsaab + 2 more at Jaflong Tandoori in last 12 days.

Getting back to my old ways..

Foxy

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Bromance?

No.. he is going through a lengthy, painful and potentially expensive divorce.

Also job changes. Just needs a couple of beers and a decent curry.

..Oh and someone to buy out his other halves share in their three story house in Penge.

Foxy

I go away for a few days and you all start fighting. Certainly not having a curry with you.

Comfort food? Well I suppose there are foods that I like that may seem the same to many but I can tell the difference between different cafes chips, fried eggs, ketchup and beans. Funnily enough the Regency doesn't do the best fry up, despite its authenticity and popularity.

As for pie and mash, always did Goddards in Greenwich which I am pleased to see back.

Barbur? Fusion not Anglo-Indian if that makes any sense. And sooooo expensive so only on special occasions.

Gurkhas is fine. I did like the Indian Dining Club in Norwood, but last time has some bizarre thing in a pastry crust.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a take away from Memsaab last night- very disappointing. The last 4 occasions we've had a take away the food has just got worse. We've had either Lamb madras, naga chicken, chicken madras, veggie korma, veggie dhansak, chicken and veggie biryanis, onion bhajis, samosas,

The curries just seemed to be very watery with not much flavour. The naga chicken was a big favourite but now it's just so incredibly hot you can't really eat it. Yes, it's a hot dish with naga chillies but it's spoilt when ( it appears so much chilli is used) you can't even enjoy it. The biryanis seem very bland. Onion bhajis over fried -unable to eat.

Not sure if they are so busy that the food is just rushed out.

It's such a shame as when this restaurant first opened their food was delicious and fresh. Couldn't fault it.

Seabag Wrote:

> Do you have to be Indian to make a curry?

>

> This Cafe in Honour Oak guy makes it all yellow

> and spicy, and if you closed your eyes as you ate

> it you'd swear it was the real thing.

>

> Even with chips and rice, which is quite a combo.

Crikey, that takes me back to my student days, the student caff used to do curry and chips :))