Quickest way to Heathrow?

Spinky

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best route to Heathrow via public transport? I've got to leave during the evening rush hour and was wondering which would be quickest! I don't want to use the Heathrow Express as it's ridiculously overpriced and by the time I've got to Paddington probably not much quicker! I've got to take a huge great suitcase so would prefer minimal interchanges on the tube...

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'd agree with the above - but remember not to follow the interchange signs at Green Park (since then you'll have to lug the case up and down stairs). Instead, just take the Way Out to the top of the escalator and then go back down the Piccadilly line escalator.

If you don't mind a couple of sets of stairs, then you might want to take the 185 to Victoria and then take the District/Circle line changing at Hammersmith where it's a simple cross the platform as an interchange to the Piccadilly line.

Bus to Peckham Rye, train to Victoria, District line to Hammersmith, cross platform and Piccadilly line to Heathrow. Did it 2 weeks ago and it worked well. Cheaper if not quite as fast as the Heathrow Express option.

With the criteria of avoiding Heathrow Express then roblay suggestion of getting to Victoria either via Denmark Hill or Peckham Rye stations depending which part of ED you're travelling from, then district and then picadilly. TYhis interchange is just crossing over the platform. I tend to use Barons Court at busier times as its quieter and you have an advantage in getting a sesat over people changing trying to do the same but at Hammersmith.