Aircraft noise - have your say...

SplendidLikePeckham

Going round in circles here (like the aircraft) - but the petition is indeed absolutely pointless (and I'd suggest that 8000 thread views but less than 100 signatures collected in nearly a year tells you most people will tend to agree.)

It asks for a change to what has been the norm for (as discussed) many, many years. Decades. Heathrow is doing everything it can to get MORE planes in between 4.30 to 6am. The chances of Heathrow agreeing to go the other way and cull the existing early arrival slots it has - are absolutely nil.

Wait for when the new trial begins with more early arrivals, then register your complaints and start your petitions - if the increase bothers you. Don't waste time pissing in the prevailing westerley wind.

I wonder why people who aren't bothered by aircraft noise are posting here repeatedly?!!

After all, this thread is primarily for those of us who are concerned.

Plus, while wasting their time being vociferous about something that doesn't bother them, they're advising us not to waste the 5 minutes it takes to sign a petition!!

Why??? I've no idea but it's clear that they would do well to find a thread that does concern them, while we do whatever little we can to fight Goliath.

Please consider "wasting" 5 minutes by signing the petition (above).

Well fabfor, I only started posting on this thread today but I'm concerned that you're concerned about something that for me and many others simply doesn't exist or aren't affected by and I'm quite puzzled as to why you persist in trying get other people to sign your silly little petition that will come to nothing. If it really does affect you and you're obviously such a light sleeper get some earmuffs, take some downers to help you sleep or move somewhere where you think it won't affect you.

fabfor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder why people who aren't bothered by

> aircraft noise are posting here repeatedly?!!

I just think that the petition and this thread are tilting at windmills as far as East Dulwich is concerned. I'll say no more!

Fabfor, the thread title does not specifically state that this thread is only for complainers.

If you decide to live in a large international city, then airplane noise is to be expected. I used to live in West London under the flight path, in a house with single glazed windows, and the noise never affected me. In fact, I find the drone calming. So no, I won't be signing this petition.

If aircraft noise is an issue, nobody is stopping you from moving away or getting some ear plugs.

monkeylite Wrote:

> If aircraft noise is an issue, nobody is stopping

> you from moving away or getting some ear plugs.

Neither, indeed, is anyone stopping you from signing the petition :)

Although many people like the convenience of heathrow and its miriad destinations, I don't think anyone would argue that it would be better if there was less noise...

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Aircraft noise has never bothered me. I fail to

> understand how it could wake anyone. I don't hear

> it. I think anyone bothered by it must be very

> light sleepers indeed. It's not like we live near

> an airport. I sleep well. The only thing that

> wakes me during the night is my bladder.

my bladder doesn't wake me but planes increasingly do. And no i'm not a light sleeper and not anal about it. Can't we just accept that it bothers some and not others. This Doesn't make those bothered 'hyper sensitive'. I don't fail to understand how people aren't bothered by it and certainly understand how they can be. Maybe people are at different stages in their sleep cycle for example.

fabfor Wrote:

> What's the word for people who get involved in

> matters that, by their own admission, don't

> concern them?

What's the title of this thread?

I shan't be signing your petition and that is my last word on the matter.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> fabfor Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What's the word for people who get involved in

> > matters that, by their own admission, don't

> > concern them?

>

> What's the title of this thread?

>

> I shan't be signing your petition and that is my

> last word on the matter.

Busybody morons to our left and right and apparently living next door.

Why do Jah Lush KidKruger *Bob* El Pibe amongst a number of posters on here appear intent at one level or other of insisting / telling those of us who have become increasingly bothered by the every increasing aircraft noise to bury our heads in the sand.??????????

Are they the missing link between us normal Humans and Ostrich?

Do they have some other agenda ?

Shares in Heathrow associated companies a desire to avoid negative topics Re East Dulwich?

FFS The mind does boggle!

If I hear someone has a problem and it?s a problem which doesn?t affect me I listen to their moaning say I don?t have an issue and move on?.

Would I rubbish them NO!

?Have your Say? and if ?Your Say? is YOU don?t notice the Aircraft noise then PLEASE ?. F OFFFFFFFFFF> MOVE on FFS.

YOU don?t have a problem you can just get on with you?re little life and leave those of us who do have issue with the NOISE to discuss!

Please Jah Lush KidKruger *Bob* El Pibe etc leave us alone.

The issue of Aircraft noise affects everyone differently there is clear evidence it affects some people severely and not others with ?Ostrich?? different DNA or similar afflictions dense skulls?. etc

natsw Wrote:

> I realise the data suggests nothing has changed

> but I've lived in Se21 for three and a half years

> and like others on here I've noticed a marked

> increase in flight noise over the last few months

> - this morning was a particular low as I was

> awoken when the first planes came over. I used to

> live in Windsor and when I moved here I noticed

> how much quieter it was. But lately the roar of

> the planes seems to have gotten much worse. At

> first I thought it was down to weather

> conditions/cloud cover effecting the way the noise

> travels but I have realised that the weather seems

> to make no difference. I actually came onto the

> forum looking for discussions on this issue and

> despite what the data seems to "prove" I am

> somewhat gratified to see I'm not the only person

> noticing more noise.

It is great to read posts like this confirmation that I am not going crazy.

I remember clearly waking up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and there was complete silence

No Aircraft noise just the occasional Bus or some car noise.

Today every day 7 days a week 365 days a year I am woken by aircraft THUNDERING overhead ? except the occasional day where the wind changes direction.

As I write this at 8.52 there hasn?t been a single noisy flight ALL the noisy flights were 4.30 to 7.30 am this morning I can only assume the fights currently going into Heathrow are on the old flight path ? the pre waking me up up at 4.30 in the Fu$%ing am flight path?,

So to you FVCKING Idiots who are not affected

I am NOT noticing it MORE !!!!!!

IT IS HAPPENING MORE because they are flying ? ? ? Who THE Fvck knows exactly how much nearer !!!!!

They are 100% flying on a path which now affects ME and a large number of others?. Living in East Dulwich ?.

I don?t give a damn that Ostrich Busybody Nutters are not affected??.

I AM totally affected by the insane FVUCKING NOISE !!!!

The insane noise which has previously not been over East Dulwich BUT now IT IS and IT will only get worst!

run_red Wrote:

> Out of honest curiosity, of the people complaining

> about aircraft noise, how many of you still fly?

>

> I assume people do not complain about problems

> that they help perpetuate?

I fly a least 12 times a year depends where I'm working.

Not across the research and figures so purely a perception but it seems to me and a few others I have spoken to that the planes are louder or lower or something is different. I am not bothered by plane noise one bit and it does not keep me awake, so wonder how to explain the sense that something has changed. One thing that does get momentraily affected is tv signal, and picture fragments as plane flies over- usually the ones that sound to be loudest????

I live in East dulwich and do not mind the noise. I have to travel for business and on Long Haul flights I like to get home have a shower change and then go to the office. If that means that I land at 5.30 it is understandable. Used to live with a train line on one side and RAF fighter planes going overhead at 6.30 every morning, after a while you get use to it and it does not bother me.

Here that there are city folk who move to the country at wekeend who complain about church bells and cockrels and want these band as well.

If we all got what we would individually like band why would we live and we would all want to kill each other.

monkeylite Wrote:

> Then you are part of the problem. I have not flew

> in eight years, and have no issues with aircraft

> noise. You on the other hand fly 12 times a year!

Are you serious?

On your logic if my neighbour get up at 4.30 am starts up his loud high performance car revving the nuts off it for 20 minutes to warm it up and in the process wakes up the whole street before he finally departs for work a 5am.

I AM THE PROBLEM ????? Because I also have a car?

FFS with neighbours with logic like that we're all fvucked....

Well said, Fazer.

There's nothing as persuasive as the sight of an adult having a tantrum like a big baby. No wonder the petition has now 'rocketed up' to 104 signatures.

With you on-side, Heathrow will surely be closed down within the year.