Community Veg Swap

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to swap some cooking apples for, well pretty much anything. We've a bumper crop this year & there's only so many apple tarts/crumbles/cakes & traybakes that one family can take!

Alec - might pm you about your courgettes, also beekeeper's jar of honey is tempting - I can use it in my apple cake!!

In early March this year I swapped jars of apple & ginger chutney for jam, marmalade and honey amongst other things and I have a new batch made from locally grown apples.

It won't be 'ready' until the start of November though but if anyone else has produced jars of preserves/pickles etc. from their excess garden produce that they want to trade just let me know.

Will do Bobbly - just to clarify, when I say it's not ready I mean that although it is all jarred and labelled it needs to mature until the start of November so if anyone wants to swap before then - and can avoid the temptation of tasting too early - then let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Our pears are ripening now too - traditionally we don't use them as none of us are pear fans, but I'd be grateful for any recipes out there for different ways to use them. I think they're conference pears.

I plan to pick them over the next few days so will post here if we have loads of extras.