East Dulwich Forum for kids?

I am an 11yr old boy living in East Dulwich and I think the forum is great. I mentioned it to some of my friends and they thought it would be great to have one for the kids of East Dulwich. Do you think this is a good idea and could the makers of this website give me any tips if I decide to make it?

:))Thanks;-)

We are thinking about having a parent + child section as there seems to be quite a few discussions about schools, East Dulwich NCT classes etc but we just haven't got round to it yet, would that be good idea?

A seperate kids forum is a good idea but it would need to be more strictly moderated than here, but please feel free to drop me a Private Message (PM) and I'll help someone set it up.

Mike!!

don't get all south london pres on us. I think it's a great idea. I think it'd be interesting to see what the younglings have to say, especially as they have a significantly lower incidence of chipshoulder than the grownlings.

We can't let blimmin' scaremongering get in the way.

But yes, it would need careful moderation

If you can spend hours on the computer then why can't we? Isn't your childhood supposed to the time when you can have fun? Anyway adults are supposed to have jobs which stop them from posting annoying comments on forums, you seriously need to get one. Also with all the traffic around nowadays lots of parents don't let thier kids out alone (including me) especially as a girl i know got run over and nearly died.

madmanhoagy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you can spend hours on the computer then why

> can't we?

Because we said so. Now go to your room.

Personally I think it's a fine idea. It will prepare children well for their adult working lives (ie surfing the web and cyber-chatting whilst the boss is looking the other way)

madmanhoagy Wrote:

> If you can spend hours on the computer then why

> can't we? Isn't your childhood supposed to the

> time when you can have fun? Anyway adults are

> supposed to have jobs which stop them from posting

> annoying comments on forums, you seriously need to

> get one.

Er...you've learnt how to post then and give as good as you get ;-) We have another 'character' in the making :)

And one for motorcyclists.

Seriously though.

I think it's a bad idea to have a separate forum. We're all in this world together. The kids can access ours to see the crap we come out with and learn from it and we can access theirs to see they're spelling p a w n correctly. Good for the kids who thought of this idea though, see? I love kids!

ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

> and one for chavs

Perhaps the forum should have 'junior members' - with their names highlighted in a different colour? Otherwise someone might unknowingly have an pop at them, only to discover they're only 11.

Registration under a certain age to require consent of an also-registered adult.

Private messaging to be disabled for members under a certain age.

Everyone else who uses the forum can keep and eye out for anything untoward.

Well, no-one here actually has to tell the truth about anything anyway. But (on the whole) those that don't either get sprung sooner or later, or just get bored after the novelty of causing a bit of a stir wears-off.

If you're a child and you register as an adult, then you should expect your posts to be treated as adult posts - so I suppose that decision is down to you. If you're an adult who registers as a child, you're either a wind-up merchant (see above) or the kind of person your Mother warns you against talking to (disabling PMs should eliminate any threat - perceived or otherwise - on this score)

I think it would be an interesting addition to the forum. Children are constantly 'spoken for' here.. it would be nice to here what they think with regards to the stuff which concerns them - for a change.