Victims faces

huncamunca

No doubt we shall see the populace of ED out and about tomorrow, waving the union flag & toasting those have have enslaved millions of people,forced millions of others to endure short miserable lives and been the instigator of wars of colonialism & oppression that yes, once again, led to the deaths of millions.

But its OK, because they give you a day off & all is forgiven.

The only toast I shall be drinking will be at their gallows.

In all fairness, sins of the fathers and all that.

I can't recall Liz doing too much oppressing. She's actually presided over the end of colonialism.

I supopse we can name a couple of post-colonialism conflicts that Britain should be ashamed of, but I really don't think they were instigated as a result of Brenda phoning Eden or Wilson up and saynig 'have at them fuzzie-wuzzies wot ho'

All she's guilty of is being profoundly rich whilst sponging off the state to fulfil he role as head of state, and being a bit dull.

Oh and scioning (can that be a verb?) a pretty loathsome bunch of children; but the next generation are on the whole ok.

I'm no royalist (though that johnny-charles chap in Spain is a very cool bloke) but that was a tad unfair.

huncamunca Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No doubt we shall see the populace of ED out and

> about tomorrow, waving the union flag & toasting

> those have have enslaved millions of people,forced

> millions of others to endure short miserable lives

> and been the instigator of wars of colonialism &

> oppression that yes, once again, led to the deaths

> of millions.

>

Not a fan of the Royals I take it then??

What an utterly pathetic and boring post!

> But its OK, because they give you a day off & all

> is forgiven.

>

> The only toast I shall be drinking will be at

> their gallows.

mockney piers Wrote:

> Oh and scioning (can that be a verb?) a pretty

> loathsome bunch of children; but the next

> generation are on the whole ok.

Some of whom are actually related to her...

LOL now this looks it's going to be my type of thread....

Nothing endorses my indignation at the lot of them more than Sarah Fergusen. Any of us with that level of debt would be forced into brankruptcy...lose our homes and any posessions of value. Please someone tell me...what is her secret? How does she manage to keep living in that level of luxury?

All she's guilty of is being profoundly rich whilst sponging off the state to fulfil he role as head of state, and being a bit dull.

IN fact she's only guilty of the last sin - the crown gave up its income from Crown Estates about 180 years ago in return for the Civil List payments to the Royal Family. At that stage George III was effectively bankrupt and he agreed the exchange. Any riches the Queen has in her personal possession arise from wise investments, savings and gifts during the last 180 years. The state takes an income from the Crown Estate that is vastly in excess of the Civil List payments made to the Monarchy.

While I wouldn't usually quote Wikipedia this article is pretty accurate.

PS: I support the monarchy as an institution but recognise that certain members of the extended Windsor family are fair game for criicism - Fergie, Andrew and their offspring being top of my personal horror list.

I think they are a good couple and I don't mind some taxes going towards a top wedding day. I don't see that the current royal family are guilty of very much at all.

I won't be watching the wedding live though. I might catch the highlights later.

I'm rather glad that someone can now replace Diana in the peoples affections. I never really saw what people admired her for and I think its great that William has chosen a "normal" person, which is a big break from tradition. I'm sure they will have a happier marriage than most recent royal couples.

I think the fright that is Fergie has been banned from then nuptials because she is far too embarrassing even for her husband Air Miles Andy. By the way has anyone seen Prince "I'm not gay" Edward since his heyday of It's a Royal Knockout? I suppose he'll get wheeled out to wave at the crowds along with the rest of parasitic bastards and then hopefully disappear again to do whatever ever it is he does - i.e nothing.

If you think this will all end after tomorrow I can tell you now they'll be on the front pages of the tabloids for years to come until someone decides to get pissed and take 'em for a spin in a Mercedes in Paris or some other god awful nightmare ending for the "nation's royal sweethearts."

Imagine

President Blair/Major

An elected head of state that, given our democracy, would certainly not have been voted for by half of the population.

at 68p a year the shenanigans of a bunch of upperclass buffoons, their various hanger ons and the whole twee comic book fun of it is far, far better value (and cheaper) than one edition of Heat.

Bore off tedious, trying to spoil the party oh 'so cool' republicans. Your dronongs are tedious.

I genuinely salute the horsey german fly-ins and the absurbity of it all, LONG LIVE THE KING

:)-D

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> Fooking Royal Wedding all over bloody radio 4.

> Arrrgh, isn't it bad enough that I'm paying for

> this crap without me having to listen to endless

> hours if bullshit.

I take it the Lady in your moniker is ironic then Citizen Deliah ?

H.R.H.

Annette Voile Curtain

* swigs gin *

There are many valid arguments supporting the constitutional function of the monarchy. There are a lot fewer for the continued tolerance of a feudal, land owning aristocracy by British society. It is this issue that is often the cause of misdirected vitriol towards the royal family and their function in the constitution.

But that all aside, what I don?t understand is why does everyone celebrate some strangers? wedding? It smells suspiciously of Nationalism to me. It even has the requisite military slant to go with the manic flag waving. Just because the focus of the whole business are a young couple doesn?t make the stench of Nationalism less nauseating.

so, we are going to throw away all of our property laws and ownership to get rid of the chinless wonders Brendan? They own it by our law and property rights which we tend to tick to them being legal and all that . As for feudal....mmmmm...you been watching Upsairs Downstairs repeats again? Some of us are quite happy with the milder forms of nationalsm, including most of our european neighbours btw...just the Guardianistas hate it soooo much. Now, internationailsm that stinks, even on Star Trek.