Dulwich Hamlet

Bluerevolution Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/p

> ay-what-you-like-on-non-league-day-1274246.html

Reading about the record crowd v Southport made me realise that was the last time I went to a match there until the opening game of this season. Been to plenty of underage games down the years but not to see the 1st team.

Haha, excellent, just had a look at urban75, you little internet warrior you.

I'm not "fearful" of hipsters (that is actually quite a funny idea), I don't really give a toss about hipsters, I just don't like their particular style. I probably shouldn't have labelled anyone but FFS get over it.

I'll be there tomorrow with my little girl and some mates. I hope to see a good match and a DH win, and I hope to have a good time. I may even do some singing behind the goal as I have several times before, or I might not if it gets too much for my girl.

Okay, so I apologise if I've hurt anyone's feelings, and by all means continue slagging me off on a forum I never read, or indeed on here, because I really don't care, but please don't try to make me out as some sort of intolorant person by dredging up out of context posts.

Finally, please tell EDC (whoever he is) that

1. I am an armchair Liverpool fan these days because I can't afford to go anymore. I used to go regularly. Given a free ticket for Liverpool or a DH match I'd go to DH most times.

2. I get to as many DH matches as my life will let me get to.

3. I've only ever made ONE comment about ONE day at DH when the singing did my nut in a bit. That is a world away from slagging off the supporters at every given opportunity. I don't know why it did my nut in that day, I don't know if it was extra loud or if I was extra hungover or what.

4. I'm from dulwich, I have gone to DH on/off for years including as a kid, and I love the fact they get such crowds on a regular basis.

5. Not everything I say should be taken that seriously. If I take the p!ss out of a group like hipsters, that doesn't mean I hate them and want them all dead or anything, it just means I think they look daft. They'd probably think I look like shit.

Anyway, genuine effort to make peace, lets all just cheer the bloody team on.

Its good to see the manlove break out between Otta and Ottafan. I miss the small, friendly, affordable club football atmosphere of back home in Scotland. I also find the premiership soulless and after witnessing trouble more than once Millwall wasn't for me. I'm not "Dulwich born and bred". But I'd like to start following a local team and like the sound of Hamlet. Sounds like it's very family friendly and open to all without having to "pay my dues" and "show respect" in the old sense.

There are six old men in tracksuits who guard the bar at Skehans in Nunhead who are like this.

I've never been to a football match in my life but I'm sort of tempted to pop along one home game to DHFC, seeing as it's so local and may end up being fun. I wonder if there's a website explaining the basic rules, so I'd appreciate better what I'm watching.

Id come KK. I play squash there a lot but never been to a game.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've never been to a football match in my life but

> I'm sort of tempted to pop along one home game to

> DHFC, seeing as it's so local and may end up being

> fun. I wonder if there's a website explaining the

> basic rules, so I'd appreciate better what I'm

> watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Help-Ma-Boab August 24, 03:15PM

"Id come KK. I play squash there a lot but never been to a game".

HMB I think there's a game tomorrow, I can fix time free so you up for it ?

It's some kinda deal on entry too I thnk, though I'm happy to pay whatever's usual.

Are dogs allowed ?