Bus route - Ryedale Road

seanmlow

Hi all -

I am thinkin of renting a room on Ryedale Road, SE 22, by the old Camberwell cemetary.

I just wanted to know what the bus routes are like out there - a little concerned I may be miles from a direct bus to London (thought I would be near the 12).

Can anyone put my mind at rest please?

I used to walk to LL from Goodrich (top end, near the school) to get the bus down W'Worth Road to Aldwych. Now I go down Dunstans Road and get teh 63 to Blackfriars and walk. Much nicer. Less busy buses, nicer route, avoiding Camberwell and Elephant. Nero

P13s are mot that reg. I would think it would take up to 20 mins to walk from Ryedale to LL. If not the case already, get a Bus Pass and then you can hop on the first bus that comes going in your direction and then swap. Nero

63 is your nearest bus route into central london (blackfriars/Elephant & Castle or Kings Cross) - its fantastic and never more than a few minutes to wait.

To walk to LL (middle of it rather than ED station) is 15 mins max.

Honor Oak Park Station (trains to London bridge every 10 mins in rush hour) is 20 mins walk (although up and then down a steep hill) from Ryedale. Useful parade of shops close by with post office, barbers and Si Manga 2 mins away.

I meant to say that I think Ryedale is a very nice little street although parking looks like a problem at times. Also some houses on the cemetary side have little gardens that open directly onto the green space at the back of the cemetary. No graves in that bit just a lovely open green space. Really nice.