Attack on Costcutter? (Lounged)

fish

ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well what exactly is prosecution in your books if

> not, taking someone to court, getting them found

> guilty and having them locked up for a decade?

> What about hanging? Is that what you call

> prosecution?

Tyburn had it's benefits.

oh purlease people! A petty attack on Costcutter has brought about a return to hanging??

They were happy days to be alive weren't they - witches burned, children up chimneys, women without vote and slaves... well enslaved

And I know the Bulger murderers were seen but I fail to see what it has to do with Scousers - the exact same scenario could be played out anywhere. When would anyone of us intervene in reality, not in theory

Ultra

You got a problem with scousers? As the Police - and various books on the subject - subsequently revealed, the Bulger scenario (temporarily kidnapping and torturing kids) is cruelly played out every day by kids and adults across the land, though it seldom leads to such devastatingly tragic conclusions. Venables and Thomson's particular psychosis is the result of our collective neglect and ignorance of entire communities over generations and indifference to random acts of violence (whether implicit or applied0 is not geographically specific. Singling out Liverpool people in this way is nothing more than a casual form of racism. So Ultra, I suggest you keep your prejudices to yourself.

"So Frisco... Am I correct in saying that the reason the children who have been dysfunctional, violent, aggressive and thuggish in east dulwich of late have done this at no fault of their own?"

I have no idea, but I'd suggest that you don't yet know anything about their backgrounds either. Besides, I was responding to a comment made by someone to the effect that they hadn't been punished sufficiently for their crime. My comment extended no further than that, as I'm not normally given to making blanket statements or condemnations (or, come to that, the over use of exclamation marks to make my point).

"Could it not be, as already mentioned, that these kids are bored, have no parental support and think that they can 'get away with it'! In fact I wouldn't be surprised if their parents aren't kicking the kids out into the street or waiting round the corner for them to return with Ipods! Adults will certainly inform their children actions, so whether its an adult or a child being thuggish, either is unacceptable!"

You know, I can't see how this in any way differs from the views I gave that the two children concerned who murdered James Bulger were, through no fault of their own, the victims of a chaotic and dysfunctional upbringing. Are you sure you're arguing against the points I've made?

"As a cyclist, anyone jumping lights, riding on the pavements, thank you for giving us cyclists who abide by the rules a bad reputation! I have been knocked off a few times, but that still does not give me the right to break the law!!"

I'm afraid you've lost me with this one as well, but I'm glad to hear that you're a lawful cyclist. Keep it up!

Haven't really got anything against scousers, santa, it's just that life's too short to spend much of it listening to people go on and on about how stan boardman is an under-rated comic genius and deggsy hatton is the greatest political leader we never had.

And if i came from a city whose sole, short, period of economic prominence was built on the back of slave dealing, i'd keep the accusations of racism to meself, la?

The thing is, if you see 2 10ish year olds walking along with a 3 year old (I can't remember exactly how old he was, but it was about that), you'd more than likely think it was their little brother, and 3 year olds often look distressed.

Iused to work with one of the crime scene photographers who covered that case, and she wouldn't share details (I never wanted to hear them either), but she did say that it was worse than it sounded, and things were kept from the press.

Difference here is that Venables and Thompson were 10 year olds, not 16 year olds. There is a world of difference. Now don't get me wrong, the Bulger murder was horrific, but I do think it would have been even more horrific had the killers been older, even if the result had been the same.

Just my opinion. It was a horrible case, and opinions are divided. However, anyone who thinks these children should have been strung up, and that their parents deserved to receive death threats is a twisted person in my eyes.