Cherry Tree pub planning application to create "bunk house hostel"

urbanfox

"With regard to the management of the tourist accommodation it is important to note that Redcomb Pub Ltd own and operate 14 pubs within the Southeast of England, the majority within London. These pubs provide high quality eating and drinking venues in unique and characterful buildings. Of the 14 pubs, 7 already provide wide ranging bespoke and well-designed visitor accommodation."

That's from one of their submitted documents that I copied here (above) on 27 Feb.

You can see the chain's pubs, and details of the accommodation that some provide, at http://redcombpubs.co.uk/our-pubs/. I can't see any mention of hostel-type accommodation in any of the others.

I'm neutral as to the application, just rather bemused by the PR fluff of the 'up market' claim. If there has been previous noise or other nuisance, make sure evidence of it is submitted.

• 4 weeks later...

When I looked seven days ago it was still flagged as pending decision.

Its current status is shown as "Unknown". :) But given that the direct link to planbuild.southwark.uk:4190 (ie as in the OP), doean't currently work, and the pages https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/ and the one resulting from searching there for 17/AP/4421 were short of style sheets, I suspect there's a glitch io part of the planbuild system.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Cherry Tree have revised their proposal:

Change of use of the upper floors of The Cherry Tree Public House from ancillary staff accommodation (Class A4 Use) to create a 26 bed bunk house hostel (Sui Generis - Visitor Accommodation) across four rooms plus ancillary accommodation for the general manager (Class A4)

So less beds and onsite staff - which is better. My only concern is that late night access is round the back of the pub via an outside stairwell which backs onto a very residential area which may be an issue for noise disturbance.

Here is the link to the new plans:

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage