Silvester Rd post collection shambles

bels123

Raeburn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Picked up a small parcel from Sylvester Rd a week

> ago for my gf. Only when I gave it to her did we

> realise it had been opened/resealed and the

> jewellery stolen from the box it was sent in.

>

> Fair enough they have a tough job being

> understaffed at this time of year, but this isn't

> going to endear themselves to customers!

I hope you have reported this?

Royal Mail used to have an Investigation Department to look at this kind of event and hopefully despite privatisation they still do have.

Genuinely no point; wasn't signed-for/insured delivery, one attempted delivery before being sent to Sylvester Road, and I'd taken the parcel home before we noticed it had been opened. Even Sherlock wouldn't be able to figure out the point it had been opened.

The company were kind enough to send another, which even asking for it not to be sent in such obvious packaging, sent it in the same box which you could hear/feel the necklace pendent inside ...this time (feeling rather awkward) I had not choice but to open it at the counter to check it was in there.

A cynic and conspiracy theorist might consider that the accelerated failures at Silvester Road were being engineered to increase unhappiness in the 'served' - and I use that word quite wrongly - public in SE22 and reconcile them to the move to Peckham. My experience of the delivery staff on our walk is still very positive - particularly my regular postman, and I have found the staff in the sorting office beleaguered but generally still polite and as positive as they could be. But of course the PO will be making no further investments in trying to sort difficulties in Silvester Road as they have abandoned their commitment to it.

Sent a bulky letter this time last year, the recipient opened it and was greatly surprised to find entirely different contents. Important legal papers. Obviously someone had opened two big letters, on spec, and then put the contents back into the wrong envelopes. What the other recipient made of my letter we never found out. I couldn't make any official complaint because nothing of any actual value had been lost.

I would have to agree with you the Royal mail of late or should I say for quite some time have been heading in a downward spiral that's either something to do with the company that it was sold to another stupid thing the Tories did.

The recent closures of the Peckham Rye branch of the post office and then Camberwell Post office suggests something is not quite right to say the least.

I recently tried to send a letter to Doha (United Arab Amirates) it never got to its destination. So the Royal mail cannot be taken for granted because some countries don't have the infrastructure to deliver such things as a letter.

Post Office Counters (the branches) and the Royal Mail (letters and small packages) and Post Office Parcels operate separately, as I understand it (although those names may now have changed). So branch closures and problems with postal collections and deliveries should not be impacting each other, at least in finance terms.

B&G Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't go to a collection office without thinking

> about this. Perhaps if we all imagine that this

> actually goes on, the queue time will make

> sense..!

>

>

That is brilliant. Thanks for making me smile.

Two and a half hours wait this morning/afternoon (started at 10:30) by the time I finally got my parcel. At least I got what I waited so long for; two people in front of me left empty handed.

Thank you to everyone who was in the queue with such good humour, it would have been a miserable wait without so many people happy to have a chat.

It opens at 06:30 tomorrow so if you need to go that may be a good time.

I think the people dealing with parcel collections are all temporary staff and have no idea what to do. I went at 7pm on Wednesday and there was just one person in front of me. It took a while for them to find her parcel. When it was my turn, the man (who I had never seen before) wouldn?t even go and look for my parcel saying that it wouldn?t have been processed.

Joined queue at 830today &it took me 3 hours. Parcels that had been out for delivery yesterday had not yet been sortedso could not be located, and lots of people left empty-handed. They are open to 5.30 today y and from 11 to 1 tomorrow (times on collection card are wrong). If you have to get parcel for chistmas, get there v early with a friend so you can take it in turn to go for coffees/find a loo.

Waited Two hours this morning to be told that as I received the card yesterday it wouldn't have been processed in time today and that i should come back later or tomorrow... I did suggest they put a notice outside to convey this to people qeueuing still outside, and also put the sign saying its open Christmas eve outside, as it was in the foyer and you wouldn't see it until you've queued for ages, I just got a blank look... I did tell a few people as I walked back along the qeue when I left.

I know its a mass of work for the P.O this time of year... but its not as if its unexpected

Also I wouldn't have had to pick up today if the royal mail had sent it next day delivery which is what I paid for... 8 days ago.. will be expecting some reimbursment I was lucky in the fact I had a parcel that I received a card for 3 days ago that had been processed, and as an added bonus received a parcel they had received a week ago, which I didn't know existed as They didn't leave a card.

3.5 hours in queue today and no parcel, also paid for next day delivery earlier in week.

Totally not the poor staff's fault who were being brilliant and getting cheers whenever a parcel came out.

Cheers also to the lady who offered to take an elderly lady and her heavy parcel home in her car. Good spirit from the ED massive on show today.