Glasto

huncamunca

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Will bb join u2 later for their joint hit I

> wonder?

He will, hence his Friday not Sunday billing. But after 15,000 gigs, 85 yrs old and 51 years touring, I predict a deckchair for the great man.

for those who - like me - were wondering, diligent Googling has shown that the image behind Morrissey was a still of Tony Franciosa from Senilita (1962) directed by Mauro Bolognini and based on a book by Italo Svevo.

The female star was Claudia Cardinale and the film was marketed in France under a title meaning 'When flesh succumbs' - surely some subtext here?

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Elbow.

>

> Are they called that because anyone who likes this

> dirgy shite doesn't know theit ar*e from theiry

> elbow. With Coldplay on later it looks like poker

> for me tonight.

Are you for real.....?

Good old Chris Martin was certainly 'every inch' the cock last night, writhing around on his back like some achingly romantic crab - and tossing-out wince-inducing lines to the crowd whilst caressing his guitar which was personalised with deep, meaningful and crazy graffiti slogans.

But they do have more than just a few songs which are really rather good, and are perfectly suited to that place and slot. And and basically everyone loved it. So fair play to 'em. And well done, Chris, you great big tit.

I never really in the whole elbow thing. As for Coldplay, they have had some really decent tunes over the years, but I just can't get passed Chris Martin's general knobheadness, going right back to the video for Yellow.

Well, let's think. The ones with 30,000 people singing along in unison from start to end are probably the good ones.

The ones where people stand around scratching their heads and talking amongst themselves whilst waiting for the ones where they can sing along in unison from start to end - are probably the crap ones.

I'm not sure how Elbow suddenly became national treasure status but their first album has some pretty great moments and I've not minded anything subsequent.

Coldplay. Yes, CM is a cock, yes everything theyve done post parachutes is done to a boring forumla, but I actually really rather like their first album too. File it under nicholas cage.