Glasto

huncamunca

There was definitely a touch of the Tinas going on. She was doing the leg thing.

Mrs *Bob* and I discussed it at the time - and she did point out that there are limited ways of dancing in six inch heels - and that's one of them.

What is wrong with you MP.....only those that like what you like now have taste? Just have a sensible discussion without trying to see insult in everything I write. Objective criticism is different to subjective criticism...that's ALL I am saying.

I can see your point Bob. I don't agree though that Glastonbury should be exlcusive for this type of show or that. I watched Julian Temple's Doc on Glastonbury the other day and that charts the festival's evolution brilliantly. And it's had to evolve just because of it's success more than anything. I think the thousand's of people in the crowd were more than happy to see Beyonce there. And for me, that Glastonbury now beings together such a diverse range and style of act I think is what a music festival should be all about - a celebration of everything that is music...no?

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There's no problem with that MP but it's hard to

> have a discussion about talent in the face of that

> kind of prejudice. I tend to think that those who

> really love music can appreciate the best of any

> genre/ type of music.

I'm not sure the prejudice is aimed at her directly, it's more at the "Beyonce" package as a whole. Other artists get/suffer this too.

The glaring publicity we get steam rollered at us has run out of superlatives & comparisons, so it starts to look fake and disingenuous. In fact it irritates the hell out of some people, to such an extent that we develop a near subconcious knee-jerk rejection of the artist.

I personally have nothing against Beyonce but have I:

Bought her records? NO

Seen her live? NO

Even downloaded a track on my i-tunes? NO

However, I loved the show she did at Glasto. It was show business at its "showiest" & almost Vegas like. She is utterly gorgeous & talented.

Had Evil Kneivil* leapt over the Pyramid with her on the back of a flaming harley-davidson, whilst singing, would I have been suprised ? probably not.

So she and others suffer a "yeah, whatever" response to most of what they do. It's the flip side of over kill branding.

It looks mega-corp, it feels mega-corp and it is mega-corp.

And in that she's brilliant, absolutely excellent.

Nette(tu)

Evil Kneivil* I know.

I don't know much about Beyonce and hoped to find it good. But found it very unimpressive. Like others have said often people dismiss her because of that genre of music - and I think I am one of them - I wanted to like it but couldn't.

only those that like what you like now have taste?

I'm pretty sure that's not what MP meant. He was saying that Beyonce is not really to his taste, rather than that he is predjudiced. He didn't seem to be saying that you had to like stuff he likes to have any taste.

Calm down dear.

But people often say someone is rubbish purley because they don't 'like' their music. And that's what irritates me. I don't particularly like the music of Lady Gaga, but that doesn't mean that she isn't good at what she does (she obviously is, and has a pretty good voice too).

And that's also my point about festivals.....if you go to an R'n'B festival...you expect to see R'n'B acts. Glastonbury has several stages and is diverse in what it offers. Beyonce is as much in place there as anyone else imo.