Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi all,

Well, one day back at work was clearly too much like hard work!!

I popped into Neal's Yard remedies and bought some special concoction and some evening primrose drops and low and behold labour starts!

Almost perfect birth story!!

Anyway Baby Townsend is born, at home, weighing just under 9lbs which is great after a whopping 10lb3 first delivery.

So whoopie, maternity leave starts NOW and our little girl is safely here!!

Good luck to everyone else and I'll see you and babes soon

Anna x x

Congratulations Anna! Sounds like a great birthing experience. I'd love to know what was in the concoction?

One Born every minute starts again tonight on Channel 4? Is anyone planning on watching it? I loved the last series but I wasn't pregnant when I watched it last so not sure how it will be now that I'm not that far away from going through it myself.

I look forward to meeting all the newborns soon. I'm enjoying keeping an eye on the forum to see how everyone is going and who has had their baby. I'm still 6 and a bit weeks away!

Congratulations Anna!! Sounds like an ideal birth. Well done you!

Can't wait to finish work now, I'm pooped! Baby is still breech, his head digs into my ribs when I try and sleep on my right hand side (I find it impossible to only sleep on my left hand side all night). So getting plenty of disturbed sleep - all good practice I suppose. Still trying the moxibustion sticks and spending as much time as possible on all fours! Not so easy when I'm still at work. Fingers crossed he'll turn soon.

Interested to see who's next...All very exciting!

Take care all

Caroline xx

Can't wait to watch 'one born'... Have watched it pre pregnancy... During pregnancy and post pregnancy and shed many tears!!! I reckon with the lack of sleep I've had I'll be bawling my eyes out.

Yes great birthing experience... Hideous after birth... History of retained placenta reared it's ugly head!! Ambulance to King's and now trying desperately to discharge myself...

Although it's very quiet here and staff have been AMAZING from top docs to porters, I feel so special and cared for. Everyone says 'congratulations' in corridors so nothing to fear!!

Baby is a beaut and well worth the wait and the shenanagains now! Oblivious to it all!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and their bundles very soon... When I'm watching One Born tonight with my roll of andrex, I'll be thinking of us all!!

Oh god I think these drugs are strong!!! Sorry!!

Anna

Congrats Anna! Lovely to hear that you're having a good experience in hospital though, that's great. I was up there again today and saw someone I knew with a tiny newborn, made me very excited to think that I'll be meeting mine in less than two weeks!

Congratulations Anna! Sounds amazing - I'm looking forward to the day I have a second child so I can have my homebirth!! Things have settled down a treat here and baby is now feeding well. Her weight is being closely monitored though as she lost so much the first 2 days and had only put on 20g between her last two weigh-ins. She's a bit of a piggy though so I'm sure she'll be fine when she gets weighed tomorrow.. fingers crossed. x

Hi all,

Congratulations to all those that have had their babies, I'm getting increasingly envious. I've been totally crap about staying in touch with this thread and made it to a very poor total of only 1 actual meet up!

However this is meant to be my last full day at work and I'm very hopeful to be done with work completely by end of next week. Thus I shall hopefully have some more time to actually be on the forum and would love to meet up with people as and when the deliverees are up for it, or indeed the still-waitings are too.

I'm due Feb 1st but am entirely convinced I'm going to be early, hence finishing work. It's going to be ironic if I end up two weeks late! Still I won't mind having a bit of time whilst number one is still in childcare and I'm not at work to do a bit of nesting and getting the house ready.

Hope everyone's well and look forward to trying to actually put some more names to faces over the coming months.

Jane x

Congratulations anna and welcome to all the other new little ones too!

Been a bit quiet here and missed the last couple of meet ups but really looking forward to catching up and meeting the little ones and those who have bigger ones too! I've got an apt with the consultant tomoro to discuss whether to have a c-section or not- my little girl was a bit tricky in getting out but apparently after a 36 week scan on tues this little one is going to be smaller at 8lbs. How accurate they are not really sure! Anyway I think I'll feel better once I decide which way I'm going.

Meanwhile good luck to everyone still waiting and keep in touch with news!

Laura x

Congratulations Anna! Sounds great other than the pesky retained placenta. Did you get Jaqueline ?!?!

Good luck Laura with your consultants appointment. I've just had my last scan and waiting to do all my section paperwork. This one is looking potentially bigger than my last, weighing in at approx 7lb 6 at 36 weeks...

Really looking forward to post baby catch ups. Good luck to everyone!

Ruth

Hello everyone

I just wanted to ask how everyone and in particular the new moms are doing. I remember the first 3 months being horrid for me with my first with sleepless nights, pussing/bleeding nipples, exhaustion, lack of confidence, and feeling generally like I had just crawled out of a car that had been run over by a train and then reversed on me again!

I also remember feeling reluctant to admit it as I felt it was just me not coping well at all... but if you are struggling, you are not alone. And sharing my experience with other first timers was what kept me sane and alive.

I am finding looking after my second easier but the combination of attending to her needs and the needs of my older boy just so so so much more difficult. Also, she has terrible crying (colic?) at night which means I am up for most of it and therefore zombie like in the day.

Anyway, I hope you are all coping brilliantly, but if you are struggling with anything, please share it as it will feel so much better for you!

Lots of love.

Bee

So lovely to hear of all the new babies! Congratulations to all!

I have been away from here for a while as my 32 week scan showed that espelli Jr wasn't happy where he was and needed to be born. Kings SCBU was full so I was transferred to a hospital near Tunbridge Wells and he was delivered there on 13th Dec. He has done incredibly well and although he weighed just 3lbs 6oz at birth, he is now an impressive 4lbs and we arrived home on Wednesday just 3 weeks after he was born. We are still adjusting to his very early arrival - I was not supposed to start my maternity leave until next Friday and we were midway through a number of DIY projects in the flat which we now need to complete around him - but he is adorable and I'm so pleased to get the extra 8 weeks with him!

We haven't ventured out very far yet but if there are any meet ups planned I would be glad to try and make them with the little one!

Bee thank you for raising the issue of coping - I really wasn't prepared for how all-consuming, relentless and overwhelming caring for a baby can be - hopefully we can be a good source of support for each other. Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Elli

Elli

glad to know that you are home safe with the little one and that he is doing so well.

I am happy to meet starting from next week (16th) as my parents are here this week and I am making the most of it!

It is overwhelming and I remember thinking that my life was ALWAYS going to be like this (so full on with such a time consuming mothering job!) but now I know that each difficulty is just a phase and things get better (although sometime they get worst before they get better) and that everything is constantly changing. So you won't feel overwhelmed (not in the same way) forever. And one day you will have forgotten why it was impossible to have a shower with a newborn!

Big hug.

Bee

Hello everyone

First of all Happy New Year and congratulations to the new mums. I am new to this thread and as I gave birth to baby girl Jeanne on 27th December I thought I'd qualify to the winter babies club! I don't think I am done with the baby blues yet and didn't expect to feel somehow isolated with a baby so it's good to read other mums are feeling the same. My in-laws will arrive on thursday for a couple of weeks but I'd be glad to join any meet-ups from end January/beginning February. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Loren

Hi all, congratulations to all those who had christmas and new year babies. I have been terrible at keeping up with this thread and in all the chaos forgot to post re birth of our baby boy over 3 weeks ago now (life with 2 children has been a tad busy!). We had an unplanned homebirth as no time to get to hospital, but it all worked out well and our midwives arrived just in time!

Would love to meet up next week as suggested with those that are free.

best wishes

Iona

Congratulations to more new (and second) mums, lovely to hear that alls ok with your little ones in partic elli, sounds very frightening. I had my consultants apt and after huge indecisiveness going to try going naturally again with this one, keeping fingers really tightly crossed that they aren't miles out with the size prediction, an 8lber would be amazing, espec if it's in a good position, much more do-able than a 9lb8oz op one. Thinking of u all with ur new little ones, it does get so much easier- I never thought it would with my little girl- sleep deprivation is a complete killer but it really, really does. Saying that no idea how I'm going to manage with two!

Laura

Hello everyone

Congrats to all the new mummies and babies and good luck Pippa for your induction. Well done Espelli jnr for putting on weight and getting out of hospital so soon. It must have been a reaaly scary experience. For any first time mums, just to second Laura and Bee's earleir posts - it definitely gets much easier.

Its all been very busy here - a baby and a toddler is definitely a challenging experience! I think this is the first time I have got on the computer in weeks (and thats because Ben - my 2 year old is in nursery today!). Definitely up for a meet up next week. My husband is going skiing with work at the end of next week (I am not sure how he managed to get me to agree to that one) so I will be very keen for company! Bee - I am afraid cinema is out for me on Thurs/Fri as I will have my toddler on those days.

Take care all

X Lindsay

Hi All

Congrats to all, and continued good luck to all those still with time to go!

I'd be up for a meet next week with the current small people that have arrived on the scene. We are 5 weeks in, and although it is getting ever so slightly easier than at first, just trying to make it out of the house sometimes seems to be a massive struggle.

Alix

Bee I won't be able to make the cinema this week but it sounds like a fab idea if you wanted to go another time. I'm up for a meet up next week though and am flexible on days/times - that is as flexible as baby lets me be!

I've lost track of how many babies there are now! Good luck to those yet to come. Pippa I hope your induction goes well!

x Elli

Hi all,

Laura.. I really wouldn't worry about their sizing 'predictions'. They are nearly always wrong... Ava was considered long but small and she was 10lbs 3 and my friend was induced early as she had a '4kg' baby at 38 weeks only to give birth to a 3kg baby...

I would deffo be up for a meet up next week... Olivia only 1 week old but very good. A little jaundice so have been trying to feed her round the clock during the day, which seems to help her sleep at night. Also I've been expressing a feed for my partner to give at the 11pm feed so I'm able to get a good sleep until she wakes again at about 3am. So I'd defiently advise that (partner willing!!)

If anyone is around with toddlers and babies on Mon or Tues.. I'm thinking of checking out Tippie Toes. It's a drop in music class details below.. I'm thinking toddler can participate whilst I can feed little one?!?!?

Let me know if anyone is up for it.

Anna x

Mondays: 9.45am - 10.30am

The Gardens Cafe

184 Peckham Rye

East Dulwich

SE22 9QA

Mondays: 11.00am - 11.45am

All Fired Up (Ceramics Cafe)

34 East Dulwich Road

London

SE22 9AX

Tuesdays: 10.00am - 10.45am

All Fired Up (Ceramics Cafe)

34 East Dulwich Road

London

SE22 9AX

oh and p.s. Ruth... the midwife i didn't want (you know who) is away until the 19th Jan so I knew I had to have baby before then... 10 days early and Olivia obeyed! Yes I had Jacqueline and Alessia and they were FANTASTIC! so calming and reassuring. I'm sure that's why it was only a 3 hour delivery!

Good luck for yours and I hope you get Jacqueline too!!