Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Ah, well done Elli! And thanks for organising the facebook group. As an aside do you know if what we post on the winter baby club wall on fb is only visable to members of that group or is it seen by everyone? Bit of a numpty when it comes to such things.

I agree that it would be really lovely to see any of the mums that came along to the pre baby meet ups but haven't, for whatever reason yet been to the post baby meets. I was just saying to Mr Tomo what a lovely bunch you all are. I feel very lucky to have had this thread and the opportunity to meet you all!

Cxx

Hi,

Good question! I was wondering whether to put this info in the above post but decided it might be a bit wordy if I did!

The fb group is a closed group - anything that is posted is only visible to members and only members can post. Becoming a member is by request or invitation but any member can accept a request or offer an invitation. The only reason for making it a closed group was so that people can put their addresses up for a gathering or other details without worrying that they were available to the whole world.

Tomo, I also feel very lucky to have this thread, I've met some really lovely people through it and would love to catch up with some that I met pre baby. I didn't do NCT and baby arrived before my third NHS class so I have really appreciated the community of this thread for support and shared love of cake.

x Elli

PS Thank you again Family Room Moderator for setting up the thread in the first place!

Thank you so much Elli for being so clever, technical and organised, this is wonderful to have. I can only third the comments above about the genius of this thread. Having not done NCT this time round, I've loved having the chance of meeting all of you that would never have happened without it. Thanks also Tomo and Elli for clarifying who can see the comments on the Facebook page - twas wondering that meself! x

I am afraid I am one of those ones that came to the earlier pre-birth meets and have never been seen since. Sorry! I think I got lucky with a supportive ante-natal group and then on other days I just didn't manage to make it out of the house!

I've joined the group on facebook and would like to try and come along to meet some of the babies at some point in the near future.

Lovely to hear the group has been such a lifeline for so many - hoorah for the East Dulwich Forum!

Yep i completly agree! I never went to nct classes and worked untill about 35 wreks so hadnt met anyone! So glad i decided to be brave and meet you wonderful ladies! And of course all those cute babies! Has made me feel alot more sane and human to have people understand exactly how i feel!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Haven't been on the thread in ages! Glad everyone is well and interesting to hear about FB group.

Wondered if anyone is going to take toddlers to the Hornimann next Tuesday afternoon (28th August) for the 3 Billy Goats Gruff performance?

Thinking of taking Oli out of nursery for it and hoping its a nice afternoon for a picnic

S

X

• 2 weeks later...