Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hey

Is anyone up for doing anything today, especially with toddlers? I have 3 year old boy Jack (birthday tomorrow! Scared about bday party on Saturday!) and obviously my 7week old, Natasha.

Any ideas welcome!

Hope you're all well, Hannah xx

Hi all,

Congratulations to all the new arrivals! Have all the winter mums had their babies now?

I've not posted since the birth of my son a month ago. It's been a bit of a whirlwind! We've had our share of breast feeding issues, tongue tie (which has been sniped this morning by Mr Patel) and also a nice bought of Thrush which we're tackling at the moment. I was wondering if the Monday morning meet ups are still happening? Would be nice to compare notes on how everyone is doing.

Or if not is anyone up for meeting next week? I'm a new mum so no toddler in tow, so can be flexible on when/where to meet.

Caroline x

Hi Caroline..

I hope things are getting easier for you.. sounds like you're out of the crazy baby haze now!

Looking forward to meeting little one!

We've been meeting at the Garden's after Powerpramming recently 1:30pmish. It seems it's a toddler free day for a few of us so lovely to get the babies together and rant/ coo/ eat!

Hopefully see you then

x

Hi

In response to Caroline's message, I'm a new mum with a 4 week old baby who has just been diagnosed with tongue tie and due to have it snipped in the next couple of weeks, so it would be great to meet up and hear your experience. I'll try and get to the gardens at 1.30 on Monday but PM me if you fancy meeting up any other time.

Louise x

Hello,

Another member of the tongue tie club here! Jonah's three weeks old now and I had been hoping to get out and about to meet winter babies people this week but trying to sort out our breastfeeding and trying to get Jonah a happier little person (we've also got thrush as well and reflux - a winning combination!)seems to have taken over a bit. Hopefully is all being tackled, having seen Claire Kedves up at Kings, we've got one more appointment and then going to be referred to Mr Patel for sniping as well, so on road to easier feeding. I hopefully can make The Gardens at 1.30 on Monday(may or may not have my 3 year old toddler in tow) and it would be brilliant to swap experiences/get some tips from Caroline and Louise and meet everybody that can make it. Would also be up for meeting another time - I'm toddler free on Tuesday and Wednesday so can be more flexible then.

Lindsay x

Hi Louise and Lindsay- Sorry to hear that you're also battling with tongue tie. It does seem crazy that it's so difficult to get diagnosed and refered to the clinic. Especially when you have to be seen twice, sometimes by the same person before they'll refer you? We went private in the end. I saw Katie Fisher last Tuesday and was booked in to see Mr Patel at their private tongue tie clinic on yesterday. For me it was worth paying, just to speed up the whole process. Jacob does seem to be feeding a lot more efficiently already. We still need to work on the latch, but it's made a significant difference already.

I'm seeing my NCT mums on Monday lunchtime. We're trying out the New parent classes at Townley Rd clinic, so I can't make the Gardens I'm afraid. I'm free on Tuesday and Wednesday if anyone fancies meeting up for tea and cake somewhere?

Caroline x

Hope everyone enjoys the garden meet up. Jealous of toddler free zone!

Is anyone around on Thursday for a with toddler meet? We could go for a repeat of the walk in the park (possibly with real bread for the ducks rather than the less satisfactory although, inspired, imaginary stuff) followed by tea at the Herne?

Hi

Keep forgetting to check this and missing out on all the fun!

We actually didn't end up going to Bessemer School in the end, I'm wrangling with whether or not Jack has a nap at the moment (recently three), so he's often grumpy in afternoons either way.

Does anyone fancy doing anything this Thursday, especially with toddlers? I'm open to timings and ideas!

Hope you're all well and tongue ties are being resolved. It's amazing how prevalent it is, yet how much grief it ends up causing everyone because of poor diagnosis/care. I really feel for you and am amazed that some of you are managing to breastfeed inspite of it!

Hannah xx

Hi all,

We're meeting at 3:30pm in enclosed area in Peckham Rye Park. (Outside the Rose Garden)

Throwing down picnic blankets and bringing toys and toddlers tea. (possibly the odd bottle of wine for us mums!)

All welcome.

PM me if you'd like my mobile if you don't have it already.

Hurrah to the sunny afternoons!

Anna x

whens the next meet up? my babys 2 months on tue :) would love to swap baby stories, really need people who understand exactly how hard it is! feeling like i have no time to myself atm...

thank god safiyya started smiling i was starting to feel crazy talking to her and all i got was either a yawn or a fart lol! also hqave sooo many questions about ur babys feeding times! and sleep pattens the internet makes me feel like im doing something wrong... 2 month olds sleeping from 7pm till 7am??!!

hope to see some of you soon x

nabz

how about a meet up on Tuesday afternoon in that case and try to get together with a few more of the first time mums? Seems a lot of people don't manage to make the Monday meet-ups, and with powerpramming at lunchtime it's quite rushed. Weather forecast is not so good, so stick with tea & cake at The Gardens?

Mooncake, I would love to meet up on Tuesday afternoon, but I'll be away visiting the in laws this week! I haven't been able to make the Monday meet ups, so if there are enough of us who can make Tuesday afternoon could we make it a regular thing?