Does your water pressure drop between 7am-9am?

bil

Ah that sounds like a problem but not TW's. It should be easy enough to confirm. When the residents of the maisonette are on holiday, do you get better water pressure? If so, then it looks as if TW have complied with their legal duty (to provide the minimum pressure at the entrance of the premises) and the 'fault' lies with the configuration of pipework. Is your property owned/rented?

By the sounds of it, having your own direct supply from the mains installed - although you will have to pay for it - would solve the problem.

Agree with the peterstorm1985 above. Quoting an act which has absolutely no relevance to the situation in hand simply won't wash (pardon the awful pun). The following is copied from directgov...

Human Rights Act

The Human Rights Act 1998 gives further legal effect in the UK to the fundamental rights and freedoms contained in the European Convention on Human Rights. These rights not only impact matters of life and death, they also affect the rights you have in your everyday life: what you can say and do, your beliefs, your right to a fair trial and other similar basic entitlements.

Most rights have limits to ensure that they do not unfairly damage other people's rights. However, certain rights ? such as the right not to be tortured ? can never be limited by a court or anybody else.

You have the responsibility to respect other people's rights, and they must respect yours.

Your human rights are:

the right to life

freedom from torture and degrading treatment

freedom from slavery and forced labour

the right to liberty

the right to a fair trial

the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it

the right to respect for private and family life

freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs

freedom of expression

freedom of assembly and association

the right to marry and to start a family

the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms

the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property

the right to an education

the right to participate in free elections

the right not to be subjected to the death penalty

If any of these rights and freedoms are breached, you have a right to an effective solution in law, even if the breach was by someone in authority, such as, for example, a police officer.

(Edited to make grammatical an otherwise ungrammatical first sentence...)

Amelie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone considered mentioning the dread phrase

> 'breach of the Human Rights Act' to Thames Water?

> That should focus their attention.

Oh for god's sake. Whilst the Human Rights Act gets used to justify some fairly barmy decisions, it doesn't have any application here. The short answer seems to be that TW have complied with their statutory duty to supply water at 1bar to the property boundary. The rest is the responsibility of the home owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Oily Telly Tyke Wrote:

> Yea 1 bar of pressure and they can wash their

> hands of the problem. Like i said

> http://www.ccwater.org.uk/ are willing to look

> into pressure problems if more than one person is

> willing to say they are suffering with a lack of

> service from Thames Water.

I will make a complant to the water council.

I have a direct water supply to my house & this early morning water drip. I havent paid for a plumber to test the pressures a 7am though.

It's bizarre, for some reason i always move to hilly areas (probably attractd by views) but have never experienced this kind of problem. I hate early mornings ( i dont have kids..yet) so getting up 30 mins earlier than i would like really sucks.

I have been having problems for the last year or so. I'll be running the shower and it will suddenly turne cold because the water pressure has dropped. I live on the top floor and I think it gets worse if the people below are using it. I also heard on the radio the other day that single occupants can claim single occupancy discount. I called Thames Water and they insisted that I'd first have to complete a form for a water metre. I told them I didn't want a water metre and that I probably wouldn't qualify for one anyway as I live in a flat. They said the only way I'd find out if I qualified for a single occupancy discount would be to complete this form.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know my water has got worse-its stupid now. My boiler wont even recognise the amount of water flowing through it to fire it up! I?ve asked the water council to get involved and they have asked Thames Water are coming to test the pressure soon. I will keep you informed but if you want to help/get info on what can be done, if anything, please call the Water Council on: 02079318502. this is the division that deals with Thames Water. It may help if there's more than one voice putting pressure (scuse the pun) on them

O

We're near the Horniman at the top of Melford Road and the shower's on the 3rd floor.... and don't have a problem. No idea how much they are as it was in when we bought the house but the Megaflo system keeps the pressure up, we had a plumber in once for something different who said it was the best solution by far, maybe even overkill.

Bert Shackleton Wrote:

> I have the same problem! I have contacted Thames

> water and they have been deeply unhelpful!

>

> Its like we're living in a third world country!

If you're in a third world country you're probably lucky enough to still have an old fashioned boiler (not a combi) with a hot and cold water tank so you won't have a problem whatever the pressure delivered to your property.

It is unacceptable that we pay ?45 pcm to Thames water can't have a warm decent shower before we go to work (unless we get up before 7am or go to work after 9am)

I complained to the water council today but they were not particularly helpful. I insisted that they log my complaint and give me a reference but they have asked me to write a formal complaint to Thames Water

If any of you would like to make a complaint to Thames Water please e-mail [email protected]

I have sent my complaint and asked for someone to check my water pressure in the morning.

I agree with Oily in that if we make a collective effort, hopefully Thames water will take this seriously.

Cheers

I had quite a positive experience from Water Council. They contacted Thames Water on my behalf and got them to contact me. I'd already done this myself and got fobbed off as "sorry love, that's life." I now have a "dedicated" water, erm...person....looking at the water pressure. I think if we keep on at them at least we've given it a go. It's a bloody joke at the moment.

o