soft play club for under 5s

Hi all

I would welcome your feedback on a possible new soft play club. The sessions will run as follows:

2 hours of soft play inc. Bouncy castle (dependent on venue), ball pool, soft play shapes, rockers, ride ons, slide, pop up tunnels, junior space hoppers and mats.

There will also be a corner for babies with sensory play, toys and mats.

There will be a 10min refreshment break part way through.

Adults MUST accompany their child and there will be two helpers on hand throughout the session.

I am in the process of securing venues in both ED and WD.

Please let me know if this is something you could be interested in if the cost was reasonable. We will trial this out on a drop in basis but also on a first come, first serve basis.

Many thanks

Kim

This is something I had been thinking of that we needed in the ED area, especially on those rainy days when the park isn't an option.It sounds like a great idea. How soon were you thinking of starting it up.

TLW

Hi TLW

If venues can accommodate then hopefully September.

Thanks to all those who PM'd. Please note the two hour slot does not mean u have to stay for two hours. You can come early, come late or stay for two hours. This will, however, be changed if people end up being turned away and 2 one hour slots will be put in place.

Thanks for your replies and I welcome all feedback :D

agree an afternoon session would be great. soft playin ED would be really good, especially as i have been put off going to the one at peckham pulse by some of the the things i've read about it.

Excellent idea. However, I'd be cautious at allowing tinies to play alongside boisterous 4 year olds. I'd suggest 1-2 year olds in one section, 3-4s in another. If you can accommodate babies of 6 months-1 that would be great too.

Sounds fab! Would echo what moos said re age group incompatibilities though - have you been to toddler world at Crystal Palace? Was surprised yesterday how brutish even our 2+ yr olds were compared to smaller ones...

Coffee would be lovely - even could get the coffee van man who sometimes rocks up outside goose green playground?!?

Great idea, and agree there needs to be some sort of separation age wise, however would request the separation is not separate sessions...... With a baby and toddler (as many have) it would be good to be able to please both......

Gambados has an area specifically for under 3's which works well when policed.

Thank you all for your feedback - very helpful.

Whilst I agree it would work effectively separating age group, I dont want to penalise those attending with baby and toddler/older child (for example). I will have a good think on this one.

Moos, absolutely not a parent/child 1:1 ratio, apologies for the confusion. Each adult will be responsible for the children they bring.

And more importantly, the plan is to provide refreshments for adults too!

Thanks again for your replies.

Would be very interested too, as fail to get further afield for nice soft play sessions due to public transport reliance! September would be perfect as my 11 month old is super mobile already so after a summer of adventures with his daddy will no doubt need a lot of energy burning activities!

Would be a great idea !!!

There are a lot of music session in Dulwich but often full of babies and it's quite hard sometimes to bring your toddler (mine is 20 months) there as he wants to walk and dance around the "no-walkers" sweet babies.... he is very friendly and loves the smaller ones, but, I'm always scared that he fall down on them!and he is still too young for the session started for the 2/5 years old. Soft play are better for him since 3 months now.

We use to go to the lovely Crystal Palace soft play ,(less busy/noisy than Peckham soft play and More clean as I found the balls on the games so dirty!) but something in the aerea would be better for us and an afternoon session after the nap, would be fantastic!

A nice and clean place with funny toys, safety per age of the children, kids music and good coffe/Tea for mummy's.... what else?! we would love to come to visit every week .

Let us know when your project begin reality!

My youngest is 3 in October & I find she's fine at 'normal' soft play now.

I wonder if your session would have enough for her now (bouncy castle good but always make me nervous)!

I think for under 3s it would be fabulous, agree with others that older ones ideally need to be separate.

I longed for a decent, local baby soft play when C was little.