Petition for the convicted rioters to lose benefits

snss75

Lets all do what the Liberals want- lets throw money at the situation because it makes us all feel better. Not that the failed billions that have been spent in the past years is anything to go by. Or in fact shall we just give them all new pairs of trainers, clothes, plasma screen tvs and PS3's as they have been so hard done by by the state- its a load of crap.

The majority of these looters arent interested in education or getting decent jobs or moving up in the world, they are just angry young kids who are only interested in doing as little work as possible and still getting paid to do it. This country is seriously screwed up.

If you actually listen to them they dont know why they are doing it, they are just sheep who are angry, angry because here you are expected to work if you want the nicer things in life, the luxuries, but these people dont want to do that, its to hard, but its alot easier to hang around in gangs preying on the people that do work hard and just taking what you want. Hell it seems a lot easier than my life.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yep - repercussions should be meaningful and

> strong - that I agree with

>

> I'm siding with the long community sentence thing,

> as well as the restoration of any groups which

> have recentlly had their funding cut to deal with

> people like this. primarily because it's more

> sucessful AND cheaper than employing more police

> and just hoping it doesn't happen again

If that is done though, it has to be done properly. (I would be happy with this done properly plus selling off possessions, I'm adamant about that. If that can be done in Ireland it can be done here, just like rubber bullets!)

StraferJack Wrote:

> I don't recall rubber bullets being all that

> succesful in Ireland

Excuse my ignorance but was that against rioting - or looting? Or does the difference not matter?

Are we talking deterrent to it happening in first place or 'solution' once its kicked off?

StraferJack Wrote:

> I don't recall rubber bullets being all that

> succesful in Ireland

Sorry, I just found the concept that it wasn't acceptable to use watercannons and rubber bullets in London, but they are fine to use NI offensive. (Not on here, in terms of what T May said).

But to be fair, most of the kids rioting stopped when they realised the Police in London were gonna get tough.

I don't think the difference between rioting and looting matters tbh

as a tactic to control, it did nothing to foster relations in Ireland , plus:

"In a study of 90 patients in Northern Ireland, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets.[7]"

I think it might have had a positive effect on Monday, but much worse effects down the line. I understand some people will read those numbers and say that's acceptable risk tho'. I'm just not one of them

So here we have it, scratch the surface of the east dulwich urban idyll and we have a bunch of rabid reactionaries demanding some sort of totalitarian state...I wonder how the current crop of middle class east dulwich offspring will turn out. Their enormous designer buggies block the pavements, they rampage and scream through the cafes and shops to be met only with adoring words and glances from parents who seem unaware of anyone else, let alone imparting respect for others. These children are taught that the world revolves around them and no doubt they will grow up expecting and receiving benefits that many of these 'feral' rioters you talk about will never know.

StraferJack Wrote:

> I don't think the difference between rioting and

> looting matters tbh

>

> as a tactic to control, it did nothing to foster

> relations in Ireland , plus:

>

> "In a study of 90 patients in Northern Ireland,

> one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or

> deformities and 41 required hospital treatment

> after being fired upon with rubber bullets.[7]"

>

> I think it might have had a positive effect on

> Monday, but much worse effects down the line. I

> understand some people will read those numbers and

> say that's acceptable risk tho'. I'm just not one

> of them

Thanks for that, I am just wondering if different tactics are needed. In NI the rioters didn't set fire to their local shops and loot everywhere did they? (Or did they?)

I'm guessing that riots are easier to predict there. Just felt awful to see London burning and the police seemingly equipped with nothing more than riot shields. I understand the bit about water cannons not being able to be deployed in this situation but genuinely wondered about the effectiveness of rubber bullets if it had been deployed in this instance at least.

Santerme Wrote:

> StraferJack Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I don't recall rubber bullets being all that

> > succesful in Ireland

>

> Oh yes they were

I guess that depends how you define success.

Dispel rioters. Tick.

Help community relations. Cross.