Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

The SFA has finally abolished the system whereby complaints against dubious refereeing performances are adjudged by the same team of former referees who appointed them. I have no doubt this was a direct request of Celtic, who have complained about this system before.

The Scottish FA's chief executive, Stewart Regan, is to abolish the governing body's existing refereeing committee in a direct response to the controversy involving the match official Dougie McDonald.

The chief executive has held talks with Celtic following the affair involving McDonald during their match against Dundee United.

Regan is the first in his position to threaten the existence of a committee structure dating back more than 100 years. If and when the referees' set-up is changed, the chief executive is likely to seek further upgrading of what is an archaic SFA regime.

Regan added: "It is essential for the image of Scottish football and for its future prosperity that we can establish a new model and a new relationship that will allow us to promote the best aspects of the national game."

"Referees will be written to and reminded of their responsibilities in managing the game and providing accurate information at all times on and off the pitch. We cannot have football without referees but we must also be able to trust them and rely on them for honesty at all times."

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To be fair, I thought SCBS was employing satire in

> his post, rather than venting sectarian hatred

You must be overdosing on the fairness tablets at the moment then sean. This guy has 'issues'.

Correct Saen.

I am not going to be stupid enough to say there are no bad apples amongst the Rangers support. There are plenty.

I apologise if anyone thought I was labeling the entire Celtic support as republican filth, I wasn't.... gosh, dare I say it I even have a few Celtic supporting mates, who aren't all that bad!! I was trying to show "top to bottom"... the top being Desmond and Lawell and the bottom being those as stated.

It quite simply isn't sectarianism, there are many republican supporters, who sing songs that have no place in football, and in my mind, they are reptiles.

I am fully within my rights to voice my opinion, as is anyone on here.

Your right MM, I do have issues. I have issues with people who openly voice their support for terrorist groups and sing songs about murdering British soldiers. I'd hope anyone would have issues with this.

Anyway, it's an argument that no one will ever be able to win.

So back to football.

Keef Wrote:

> I'm not sure it was satire, I think it was a bit

> past the line. However, the rest of the post was

> spot on.

In fact - the SFA have decided to change the system in respose to this issue Keef. So there must be some concern. It took an independent Englishman to join the SFA to make changes for the better. I respect the SFA being forward thinking enough to appoint an Englishman to this role to get an independent view.

A letter is being sent to all Scottish referees outlining the need for honesty on and off the park. That does not happen when it is considered to be a one referee problem.

James, there was a Chelsea supperter on here, who still posts on the forum (Lozzyloz), but think he decided to give this thread a miss because he was on his own. Think you should wade in, we need some fresh blood. It's all Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and City on here, with a little bit of Millwall, Leeds, and Celtic thrown in.

A letter is being sent to all Scottish referees outlining the need for honesty on and off the park. That does not happen when it is considered to be a one referee problem.

I quite agree, but I wouldn't have thought that all the bad decisions went against Celtic. That is what I was agreeing with, you're coming across as a bit paranoid.

SCSB79 Wrote:

> Correct Saen.

>

> I am not going to be stupid enough to say there

> are no bad apples amongst the Rangers support.

> There are plenty.

> I apologise if anyone thought I was labeling the

> entire Celtic support as republican filth, I

> wasn't.... gosh, dare I say it I even have a few

> Celtic supporting mates, who aren't all that bad!!

> I was trying to show "top to bottom"... the top

> being Desmond and Lawell and the bottom being

> those as stated.

> It quite simply isn't sectarianism, there are many

> republican supporters, who sing songs that have no

> place in football, and in my mind, they are

> reptiles.

> I am fully within my rights to voice my opinion,

> as is anyone on here.

> Your right MM, I do have issues. I have issues

> with people who openly voice their support for

> terrorist groups and sing songs about murdering

> British soldiers. I'd hope anyone would have

> issues with this.

> Anyway, it's an argument that no one will ever be

> able to win.

>

> So back to football.

I refuse to denigrate the Rangers support in the way you have denigrated the Celtic support, or aspects thereof. I my opinion you have been racist or sectarian or both. You have been given the right to defend indefensible comments and I think this is wrong.

So back to football.

Keef Wrote:

> A letter is being sent to all Scottish referees

> outlining the need for honesty on and off the

> park. That does not happen when it is considered

> to be a one referee problem.

>

> I quite agree, but I wouldn't have thought that

> all the bad decisions went against Celtic. That is

> what I was agreeing with, you're coming across as

> a bit paranoid.

Noone said all the bad decisions went against Celtic.

The club has taken the decision to address this. Many people say the club is being paranoid. But the SFA have taken action. So read into that what you will.

Keef Wrote:

> A letter is being sent to all Scottish referees

> outlining the need for honesty on and off the

> park. That does not happen when it is considered

> to be a one referee problem.

>

> I quite agree, but I wouldn't have thought that

> all the bad decisions went against Celtic. That is

> what I was agreeing with, you're coming across as

> a bit paranoid.

Sheffield United, Southampton and Ipswich too....not seen any of them on here for a while...but now a bleedin' Chelski fan. Up until now dislike of Chelsea was our only common ground on this thread. :X