jenniejenjen10

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Indeed, Ratty siad it was going to happen. What a

> sad day for Proper football club...I'm sure

> they'll be resureccted one way or the other but

> still. Gutted for Pompey........never happens to

> the likes of Chelsea

This time it is all BS. Chanrai changed terms of deal at last minute. He will not risk liquidation as he would lose millions. Likewise Gaydamak.

All bluster imo!

I think Ferguson knows how to nurse a grudge and is familiar with Machiavelli on the subject of revenge. Rooney, having signed a 5 year contract, is now no longer a "wasting asset". He'd better rediscover his form soon or Ferguson might loasn him out to Preston; or sell him. And I suspect winning back the hearts and minds of the supporters after flirting with City won't be an overnight task either...

Rooney's basic pay has gone up from ?90k/week to ?160k. Tabloid headlines of ?200k+ include add-ons which would have been included in his previous contract, so just taking the basic pay increase of ?70k/week, that equates to ?3.64M/year, or ?18.2M/5 years, and let's presume his increase in add-ons (not guaranteed income) equate to ?10M over 5 years. Upon signing the new contract his value instantly increased ?50M+, so for the club it's a no brainer. I'm more concerned that the club has paid out ?440M+ in interest payments/refinancing costs since the Glazers arrived 5 years ago (?88M+/year), compared to that, Rooney's pay increase pales into insignificance...

He's still a greedy little shit though. But it's a win win situation. He could have bought out his contract and Manchester United would have got feck all for him or he could have run his contract down and they would have got feck all for him.

If at some time in the near future someone makes them an offer they can't refuse and they decide they don't want him anymore he now has real sell-on value and can get rid of him for a very large fee. Bit like the Ronaldo situation before he went to Madrid for 80 million smackers.

In the meantime he's got to starting proving to the fans and the club that he's worth what they're paying him. So far this season that hasn't happened.

Keef Wrote:

> By the way Anna, were you amongst the pool fans at

> the Inter game chanting Rafa's name?

>

> I wonder if he will end up back at the club...

No. But I know a few lads who were there. Did you see the huge "Grazie Rafa - you're a true gentleman. Justice for the 96" ? They spent the day with the Inter Ultras, who gave them permission to hang the flag from the Curva. They met Rafa afterwards.

Meanwhile, we got chased all over Naples by shithouses on scooters with metal bars and knives. A very edgy trip! 3 lads spent the night in hospital with knife wounds all downthe back of their legs.

I think all players are greedy little shits, it just gets magnified at Utd...my gripe is with his agent, a supposed 'life long Utd fan', I just hope he sacks him.

I'll never defend what's happened this week in terms of it all being made public and that stupid statement, all engineered by his 'advisors', but the point he made about investment in players was right, the pressure is now on the Glazers to spend big, but my reservation is that it will only increase our debts...anyways, do you think Spurs are finding it tough going playing post Champions League matches?

Narnia Wrote:

> >

> It seems the law in Italy is such that a stabbing

> below the waist isn't considered a serious crime

> which may explain why they got wounds on their

> legs.

Absolute shithouses the lot of them. Thought nothing of attacking 3-4 lads on their own.

???? Wrote:

> If anyone's about I will either be drinking a

> tumbler of red wine in the Actress (if sound on)

> or pints of Bah Humbug in the CPT

Would love to have gone along but had family duties - sorry to see that Newcastle edged it.

???? Wrote:

> Newcastle didn't edge it they strolled it. Not

> seen us yet this season and was under the illusion

> we had had a tough start and were gelling...in

> fact, we are a poor team. Now a bit worried.

I was being concilitory - watched the game on ceefax.