Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

I think if Rooney wanted ?200K to stay at United - United would bite his hands off to keep their star asset. After all ?10m a year in wages is a drop in the ocean with what is now at stake at United.

He was ruthless in forcing a move from Everton - and that is how United got him at 18, so what goes round comes around.

I think his agent screwed this whole thing up, that statement about thh club having no ambition put Rooney in a difficult position.

If he sacks his agent (doubt it) and denies having anything to do with the statement, the fans and media will quickly forget.

Very surprised with the Rooney u-turn - it's difficult not to be cynical as to whether this is the real deal or just a compromise contract that suits Rooney and United until the summer - so Rooney can live in piece and United get top dollar.

Yes it was refreshing for Liverpool to get a little break from it all..

Annasfield Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you read the whole transcript it makes sense.

Where can I find this? I've read a few stories about it, and I haven't got a clue what he was on about.

I wonder if the fans will cheer or slaughter him next time he steps on the pitch. Given the fact that they forgave Ronaldo for getting his team mate sent off during the Euros a few years back, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sang his praises.

After his agent put out some feelers, I'm guessing nobody wanted him and his personal baggage (no, I don't mean Coleen) and he had no option but to scamper back to Fergie with his tail between his legs. Once a blue, I mean red.

i've used a similar tactic before...put some rumours out there that you are looking around or interviewing and then use it to your advantage in a pay-review.

This is his job and he wants as much cash as he can get out of it....if that's the way to do it then fair play. Funnily enough Mourinho called it.

Hodgson is way out of his depth - both on and off the pitch. He makes Rafa's recent milk bottle tirade sound half sensible.

I don't see Liverpool winning many, if any, PL games whilst Roy is at the helm. Hodgson needs to be sacked a.s.a.p. There is no guarentee the next Manager will be a success, there never is, but once failure is identified then it is time to stop the rot and start again.

The only plus point from Hodgson is that, alongside the outgoing Christain Purslow, he did a great deal to persuade Torres and Gerrard to stay at Anfield when it was more likely than not they'd have otherwise departed due to previous regime.

Pah! Far too early to get rid of Roy Hodgson. How can he be out of his depth when he has experience of managing the likes of Inter-Milan? He's inherited a crap squad and has no money to spend until Christmas. Give the man a break. I think he'll get it right eventually.

Atticus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I reckon, good chance he'll be gone soon.

> Romantic Kopites will probably get their wish and

> King Kenny will step up until the end of the

> season, big mistake.

Wasn't there a similar scenario at Newcastle where the fans got their wish to have Shearer and previously Keegan installed as managers, and looked what happened there.