Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi ladies

Hope this finds everyone well and congrats on the new arrivals!

I've not been on for a while as 2 weeks ago today our twins were born by c-section. We'd been admitted to hospital 4 days prior due to sudden onset preeclampsia and then had to go for a section at 36+5.

Both babies born healthy and wailing along to th sounds of nat king cole's let there be love in the OR!

Finn our boy weighed in at 6lbs 11oz and Maeve our girl at 4lbs 11oz, good sizes for twins!

We are all doing well and would love to meet up soon

Xxxx

Nobody seems to reply to anything I write so I guess everyone is only interested in delivery news well I still don't have any but im going to write anyway

after a trip to hospital today thinking I was going to be induced I got told my waters hadn't broken after all .......... So what happened ? I'm due 2moro my back is about to break an I'm pretty sure my boy is going to break the record for biggest baby . This is my first , is it right to feel like your 15 and no way old enough to be going through this ( I'm not 15) somebody help before I go mad I need some reassurance it seems working as a nanny hasn't made me any more prepared for this and the idea of not clocking off at 6 is freeking me out

Hollie x

Hi Hollie

Sorry hadn't seen your previous posts, sounds like your getting v peed off playing the waiting game, feel your pain, time seems to be dragging!! Must have been v frustrating being sent home today, hopefully things will start happening soon :-) All very normal to be freaked out, it's life changing but also amazing, and on the upside once baby is out you can move more like a human than a hippo!!

Also congrats to all new Mum's and hope all is going well :-)

Won't be around for meet up tomorrow as have midwife in the morning for a sweep (great, can't wait!) and visitors in the afternoon, around thurs though if anyone fancies a meet?

Nikkix

Hi Hollie

Good luck with it all, it is very daunting and scary but you will be in great hands and I'm sure all your experience will pay off. It's hard to reply to all the posts as so sleep deprived and babies arriving so fast, I think a few more have come in the last days!

I've been in and out of kings as wrenched my c sec carrying my toddler. They were worried it was a hernia but hopefully just torn muscles. It's so hard to rest though and for a toddler to understand. I've ended up showing him my tummy and he's now telling everyone that a man has cut me, which I suppose is true but sounds dodgy.

Hope all the new mums are doing well and things are slowly getting easier and congrats to you all

Nicki I would definitely be up for a catch up, let me know where. Are you bringing your toddler?

Jenny

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on all the new arrivals...getting very jealous now - I still have 4 long weeks to go! Don't think I'll be able to make a meet up today either as have to get the car to Woolwich to have the gearbox looked at....would much rather meet up to talk babies!

Will try to make Thurs (work depending) but have my last job on Friday so may be frantically prepping for that. As of next week though should be free for any catch ups.

Xxx

Great sounds like a few of us around on thurs (Jenny won't have Ollie then as he's in nursery tues to thurs, have you got both your boys?) Where and what time suits everyone, I'm happy going anywhere :-)

Hi All

Shame, afraid I won't make Thursday meet up as its my last day at work - woo hoo! After that am around.

Nikki - wondering how quick sweeps take effect... Maybe already?? I'm going to be having the same in a week or so hence interested in the gory details!

Hollie - hope you're ok, it'll all come good soon and not long to wait to meet your new arrival. Very normal to feel a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing, you're right there's no clocking off time but somehow you just manage....first part is the hardest but it does get easier.

Look forward to catching up with people soon.... 14th if not before, Jane x

Re: Thursday meet up have a midwife app at 12 so either morning (10ish) or afternoon work for me. Not sure how this suits others? Can meet whenever apart from 12-1 really in case peops need to fit in around naps etc.

Jane enjoy your last day of work whoo hoo! xx

Another baby boy has joined the spring babies collective! Alexander Hugo Fife was born on Monday morning by c-section. A mere 36hrs later I was home and enjoying settling Alex in with his twin sisters who are currently quite excited by 'baby alex' No doubt the novelty will soon wear off! I'm trying to take the recovery pretty slowly but hopefully will get to meet some of the other little ones soon.

Melissa xx

Hi all!

I have loved lurking on this thread and hearing about all the new arrivals...

I don't want to run this thread off-course so instead have started a new one (here: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,865250) inviting anyone who is considering a home birth in the coming months to get together some time - perhaps after Easter.

Would be great to meet up- I love the Spring babies catch ups!

Cheers

KBW

Congrats Melissa!

Afraid I won't be able to make today as had a rough night Convinced labour had started but nothing this morning frustratingly but left me feeling shattered!

Have a lovely Easter All xx

Hello lovely ladies,

Congratulations to all new mums and babies!

It has been a while for me as for the last few weeks I have been in and out of hospital and appointments due to my increasing blood pressure and swollen legs, feet and face....Last week wednesday I was admitted to hospital to monitor my blood pressure for 24 hours and midnight my waters broke as twin one was engaged and I started labour with 35 weeks.

Rafael (twin 1) was born at 6:10am on 29th march via a natural birth with 2,270kg and his sister (twin 2 was breech) via C-section at 8:46 am with 2,660 kg. Two different births to recover from and 7 days at the hospital...It was tough but finally yesterday afternoon we have been discharged and now at HOME SWEET HOME. Mum and babies are doing well and hopefully we will be able to catch up soon. :)

Emmy

xx

3 and half weeks in with one - big RESPECT to you Emmy. Rest up and can't wait to meet them and remember please do yell via the forum if you ever need a hand - things are getting easier each day so I'd happily bounce another baby on my knee whilst you find time to shower or eat!!!

Jo x