Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Sleepdeprivation! Blime, this motherhood thing is abit of a rollercoaster hey?!

Please tell me im not the only one in a dressing gown at 4pm, or that im am not the only one with a baba who doesnt sleep more than 2hours at the time?

Ha ha ha there was me thinking i could get a 3 week old into a routine...

C xx

Hi Everyone

Congratulations Laura - that sounds like a dream birth experience... you lucky thing!! Must have been a bit of a shock coming two weeks early but at least it was a straight forward one... and out the same evening too - impressive!

Subject to getting toddler looked after I'm up for the 14th Vanessa - would be good to catch up. Franklins works for me!

I'm working from home tomorrow so up for a Dulwich Park cafe get together as weather looks like it'll be nice.... I won't be able to make it until a bit later this week though as got to see diabetes police at 11.30 which may take a hour or so.. so could be at park around 1pmish realistically. Anyone else around?

Congratulations Laura - and welcome Sam number 3!

Jane - possibly around tomorrow but juggling appointments with both community midwife and health visitor so not sure can commit to specific time for the park. Frank and I will make it if we can though. Good luck with the diabetes police.

Franklins on the 14th sounds good - count me in.

Jenny x

Congrats everyone on the additional babies and sams! Just to say I'll probs be venturing to bumps and babes at st faiths on red post hill (just by north dulwich station-20 min walk from lordship lane) with newborn this friday. Starts at 10 and is a really good/ friendly new mums group I went to with baby 1. Would really recommend it if u want to get out and about

X

Nikki - I'll see you outside the cafe in dulwich park tomorrow about 1pm. I'll PM you with my mobile number in case you need contact me for any change of plan.

Jenny - hopefully catch you tomorrow between midwives, health visitors and diabetes clinic... forgot how time consuming this baby lark is!!

Congrats Laura and great name!

I might make the park tom although I've totally overdone it lifting my toddler and really hurt my scar so not sure if I can walk that far again yet. Am pottering around in herne hill ok so if any of the herne hill mums are up and about let me know.

Rosie I'll take Sam to bumps and babes on Friday, we went the other week and it's so lovely. 9.30 till 11.30 although sometimes not on in the holidays.

Great news Laura! Looks like the Spring Babies Club is doing its part to raise the name Sam through the ranks of the popularity charts. And you're not alone with finding the breastfeeding tricky. Have a look at the breastfeeding homepage on Mumsnet for some advice and tips, I found it really helpful and reassuring. http://www.mumsnet.com/babies/breastfeeding

Caroline - you are totally normal! My little guy has generally been a dream compared to my first one, but this weekend he seems to have turned the tables on me and is playing the "crying all the time, feeding non-stop, never happy" game. Charming. I'm ready to play the "throw the baby out the window" game! ;-) Seriously though, just muddle through as best as you can and remember that it will settle down and become more manageable - there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

I'll try and make it to Dulwich Park tomorrow depending on the mood of the little monster. x

Congratulations Laura and Sam...

I can't make it for 1 tomorrow was hoping it would be more like 11... I have booked a hairdressers appointment for 1 (might be a while until I get the time to go again)!

I would be up for next week ( hope the weather keeps up) an also the 14th...

Hope everyone in well xxx

Hi all, Congrats to all the new Mummies! I came down to meet the group last Tuesday in Dulwich park but can't make tomorow or the 14th unfortunately... Would definitely be up for a meet up next Tuesday if anybody is around. Cheers

Hi ladies and bumps!

I've not been on here for quite some time as little Elliot has been keeping his mummy very occupied!

Congratulations to all the new mummies....seems that boys are ruling at the mo!

I may well be able to make the 14th but it may have to be without Elliot as his daddy gets very overprotective of 'their time'.

I would have loved to meet up in the park today, but I have a friend coming round. Do let me know if anyone fancies meeting up during the days at all as we're getting cabin fever!!!

Hope everyone's keeping well,

Emily

xxx

Hi all,

Thanks for the breastfeeding advice. We've just found out he's tongue tied so that explains his incessant feeding. It's a relief to find out that was not normal!

We're around on 14th too so would love to join. Perhaps Sam could meet one of his fellow Sam's.

xx

Goodness how many of our babies our Tongue tied? My sam also is as was his brother. We've not had the snip this time though as he's happy on the bottle but am amazed by the high number. It often seems to be in the early babies.

We re at a wedding on the 14th (ambitiously taking Sam!) but see some of you tomorrow at bumps and babes. Lots of parking there at st faiths on red post hill, 9.30 till 11.30 and bumps very welcome as well as babies!

Xx

4 days to go till due date for me and instead of feet up and relax I'm paint brush in hand getting our new home ready to move in next week 2days past due date hoping my little man holds on till we're in there ' I've gota be one of the only mums to be hoping for a late arrival although I must say my back is hoping otherwise.

Is it normal to be really worried about the size of baby ? I'm not worried about the pain (at the moment) just that he is going to be huge and nobody will like him :( am I just being awful ? What if he is 17lb or something crazy ! Starting to wish I had ate a lot better but too late now.

Welcome to the world spring babies and wow lots of SAMs xx

Hi all

After the most stressful 2 weeks of my life after being told in a late scan that there were abnormalities, our little one was born a week early via a planned csection (as he was breeched). He is HEALTHY and adorable, we are over the moon.

Another boy! He name is Arlo James. I am am still in hospital recovering but am hoping to be let out this evening.

Love to all

Xxx

Hi all,

Sion William Dennis (Sion pronounced like Sean or Shaun for anyone not familiar with the Welsh spelling) was born on 24th March, one and a half weeks early due to my pre-eclampsia. I was admitted to hospital quite suddenly and induced - all a bit of a whirlwind! He was already 7 lbs so quite glad he arrived early as he might have been quite hefty had he stayed in til his due date or beyond!

We are both fine and hoping to make it to a meet up soon.

Congratulations to all the other new mums!

Rhian