Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hello all

Just to let you know baby Arthur arrived yesterday, on due date! He's an absolute poppet. All good and we're doing well.

Just under 9pounds (I knew it!) but it was ok (well as ok as these things are) - I was determined to stay at home as long as possible and then insisted on walking (stopping for contractions) down Denmark Hill (what a sight) so managed it with no pain relief - just strange primeval roars and faces (according to my other half) to get me though - I think I scared some Camberwell hoodlums. So don't be scared of big babies people.

Hopefully going home this afternoon - see you in a few weeks.

Jo

Any mums are looking for second hand clothes?

I have about 4 bundles - I know, I went completely over board with the shopping!!! - my little one had so many that most of them she only wore once.

She was born beginning of May so suitable for babies born April-June.

PM me for pictures and details :)

Oh, congratulations on the new arrivals! I hope they will bring you as much joy and my little one does to me! :)

x

Congratulations Jo!!! Welcome baby Arthur!

I'm planning to attend the plough next Tuesday at 11:00 and meet some of the new arrivals and bumps.

I'm at hospital now treating a urine infection and make sure both babies are well.

Hopefully I will be out tomorrow or Thursday morning depending on doctors.

Emmy x

I should be able to meet on Tuesday as well and will be toddler free. I'm finishing work this Thursday and - hoping - for a fairly relaxed couple of weeks before the arrival of number 3 babe.

Congratulations to Jo on Arthur - very impressed with the walk down Denmark Hill!

Jenny - I can always give you a lift on Tues too can check in on the day to see how you're getting on

Melissa x

Congratulations Emma!

Another spring baby boy, William, arrived yesterday afternoon after a fairly lengthy labour, but hes perfect and we're both absolutely smitten! So hope to make it the plough on Tuesday mornings and other meet ups soon.

Catherine x

And another boy... Francis (Frank) Edward arrived at 3:32am this morning after I reacted a bit too quickly to induction! Back home at lunchtime today just under 24 hours after we left the house yesterday.

Still getting to know this amazing little person but will hopefully introduce you to him soon.

Congratulations Emma and Catherine!

Jenny x

Hi

I've only just discovered this thread, but am due May 12th and have a fairly low priority question about the birthing rooms at Kings so thought I would bother those with recent experience there rather than calling the hospital. I know they have stereos in the rooms but can you plug iPods into them?

And most importantly, congrats on all the recent new arrivals, hope you're all settling in at home happily and comfortably

Hi Carolyn and welcome,

I will have to let someone else answer your query on iPods as working this out was somewhat far down the list of planned things we didn't have time to get to - the epidural being at the top!

We did take in a battery operated iPod dock in case we couldn't access the stereo but I will have to find another use for the relaxing playlist which I think I told my husband at some point I really didn't care about anymore.

Jenny x

I did check out the stereo and I'm pretty sure it did have a hole for an iPod lead in it, as I remember being annoyed for not having it! Not sure if all the same in all the rooms though.

Well done Jenny! Just in time for mothers day too! Can't believe all the boys so far...

Looking forward to meeting all the new babies soon.

C xx

Congratulations to all the new arrivals - are we on one a day now?!

Hope the new mummies are doing ok (rollercoaster hey?!), hope the second time Mum's are doing ok (right now I'm in awe you made it to 2/3/4!) and hope the preggers ladies are ok too - good luck and keep going for cake.

I also can't help re Ipods - turns out this music lover didn't want any playing at all (apparently I sang la la la la now and then to get through contractions...my version of hypno birthing?) - in fact except for drinks not much came out of my huge hospital bag!

Jo x