Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi All - hope you had a good weekend!

Toddler mums still up for meeting up this Friday morning with full brood? I know Rebecca, Nikki and Aine were keen. It looks like rain though so where shall we go? Where's good for them to expend some energy and run around like lunatics? Is there a soft play anywhere that doesn't smell of wee? Suggestions please....

Jane x

Yes please to the Friday meet-up with toddlers!!! The crappy weather makes it even more important to have something to do. The only decent soft play I know is Gambados in Beckenham which is great but does require driving.

My only recommendation would be the Horniman as it's always our rainy day go-to place. Mimi never gets tired of looking at the dusty old animals or playing with the instruments in the music room. And then we can gather in the orangerie for coffees and the toddlers can run around together in there?

Open to any other suggestions though. Sadly Cheeky Cs is on half-term break until next Friday. xx

Hello All,

Would love to join you for a toddler and baby session soon, but I don't think I'll be quite up to such an adventurous outing this week. Hugo was born on the 15th of May, is very well, though also a very hungry baby (he only seems happy with a nipple in his mouth..).

Look forward to catching up with you soon though, once I figure out how to get out the door with a jealous 2 year old and a perpetually hungry newborn...

xx

V

hi everyone

i have a 7 week old little boy and would love to meet some other parents in the area! (i'm in loughborough junction so near to brixton/herne hill/camberwell/dulwich). i've been at home mostly after an emergency cesarean but just had my midwife check up and given the all clear so we're now ready to get out!!

x x x

Could I come on Friday, toddlerless? Maybe just for the tea in the Orangerie bit? Although Jo and I did find our boys entertained by the fish at the Horniman.

To let you all know about our 'only sleeping on lap for nap' situation. Last week I went all hard-core timings Gina Ford style and now have a boy who goes to sleep in his crib. After 4 days camping in Wales I expected it bad again yesterday, but no, he's all happy in there. I have a tidy flat again and feeling in my left arm. :)

Hope you're all well.

Jayne

ps Any experience of 3 month jabs? Better or worse than 2 month/BCG?

hello ladies, thanks everyone for the feeding tips and reassurance. Am thinking of introducing formular in the evening though will see how the next few nights are. Might try and make it to the Horniman on Friday too - have been to a wedding there but never actually had a look around.

Take care and here's to a good night!xxx

Horniman doesn't open until 10.30. So Friday at 10.30 in the foyer area! Perhaps a wander through the weird animals and then to the conservatory/orangerie thing-y (it is outside next to the museum's cafe).

As Jane says, you can park easily behind the gardens or opposite the museum (Wood Vale or Sydenham Rise are the closest streets).

xx

Congratulations vanessa! Welcome to the world baby hugo!

Caroline x

Jayne, am intrigued by your gina ford success, looking forward to hear all the tips frm you!

Baby isaac is in for some serious sleeptraining in the comming weeks!

Caroline.

Hello Spring Babies Mummys!

Firstly, apologies for my neglect of this thread, I've just had a real catch up of everything that's been going on & it's lovely to see all your news.

My news is that our little boy Bertie eventually made his very tardy appeareance on 23rd May. He's now 19 days old & its our first day at home alone together without Daddy -eek!

We're going to attempt joining the meet-up tomorrow, is 10:30 is at The Gardens about right?

Looking forward very much!

XX from Elisabeth

Hi Ladies

Congratulations Elizabeth! I hope your first day home alone is going well, I look forward to meeting Bertie.

I am hoping to make it to The Gardens tomorrow, it feels like ages since we last met. However I'm taking Amelie for her first swimming lesson a 1pm, so it will depend on how organised I am in the morning!

Xx

I won't make it tomorrow ladies as we're off to the clinic for a weigh in then to a baby osteopath in the afternoon as I think some of Isabel's grumpiness might be to do with the stress of her birth - worth a try!

Will try to get along next week. Bored of this non-summer. I had the heating on for a bit today!