Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Cool - look forward to seeing those that can make it..I'll head there for 10.30. Lorna / Zoe - look forward to meeting you! If anyone is lost then text/call me on 07790 012066.

Caroline - sounds like you're having a bit of a time of it at the moment - here's hoping life get less hectic for you soon.

Hopefully catch a few folk tomorrow (before the end if 'summer' ;-) xx

Thanks jane, isaac is doing sooo much better huge relief so i cant complain.

I cant take this heat guys, my swedish blood cant cope! Roll on november!

On a serious note, abit worried about the lil ones. Am i being a neurotic first time mum?

You experienced second timers, any advice?

C xx

Don't worry Caroline you're not being neurotic, newborns aren't good at regulating their temperature - I've found the best bet when its really hot is to strip them off (Dexter has been in the nod all day) and make sure they're well hydrated...for breast fed babies that may mean more frequent feeds, marvellous ;-)

Hi all, I'm not sure I can make it today because of 6 week check ups. But moving to the park sounds a great idea and hopefully we can arrange more meetings al fresco. Perhaps we should organise a picnic one lunchtime. I'd be happy to co-ordinate as long as someone can find a reliable weather forecast!! Sophie x

I have an NCT meet up this morning so can't make the park. Enjoy the sunshine!

Just wondered if anyone had tips on giving water to babies if not breastfeeding? Is it a good idea? If so how much do you let them have? xx

Hi, sorry I didnt make it to the park. Just had to take Amelie to the doctor after some serious sickness and the runs! Doctor thinks she has a tummy bug and I dont want her to share it with your little ones. Really disappointed to have missed the meet up, hope you had a good time. Emma x

Hi laura,

I think there is a divide here so might be best to ask gp or hv. I do give isaac water at times about 60 ml at the most. That is just my opinion though and i know some medicals deem it unsafe to babies under 6 mnts so id be reluctant to recommend.it is just what i do personally.

C.

Hope you all have a lovely time today!

Good to see everyone today...I'm actually a tad sunburnt, doh! Emma - shame you couldn't make it, hope Amelie gets better soon. Good to meet you Lorna & Zoe.

Next Tuesday is bank holiday so general consensus was that we'll skip the meet next week but a few of us with toddlers decided to meet up next week Friday (8th) avec babies and numbers 1's...everyone welcome although appreciate those just with babies may not be interested in getting embroiled in toddler friendly activity. Anyway, will make a plan mid next week depending on weather.

Hope you all have good long bank holiday weekend!!

Jane

Sorry to not see you all again today.

I'm typing while Amos is asleep on my lap after a few days of feeling pretty rubbish as he will ONLY nap on my lap. No problem with bed time, but will not sleep anywhere else but me during the day. Not even the pram or sling.

Any advice experienced mums?

Jayne

Hi Jayne,

My first baby was very clingy and went through lots of phases (sometimes would only sleep in a moving pram, sometimes only on me, etc). Firstly, I would say that it is almost surely a phase that will end in a couple of weeks or less just on its own. In the meantime you might also try squishing him into a slightly propped up nursing cushion on the sofa. Both of my babies loved that and Sam has currently been snoozing away next to me like this for 2 hours quite happily.

Best of luck,

Rebecca x

Thanks Rebecca.

I needed to hear that, as I'd forgotten we'd also had the moving pram phase and only swaddled phase. I'll try the cushion, although the weird thing at the moment is I can't move him mid sleep? I've waited 30mins...to over an hour into his nap. Amos is a big boy too! I'm suffering from dead arms and pins and needles :)

I would say though that I don't think he's enjoying the hot weather.

Sorry to miss you yesterday, sounds like a lovely park morning.

Fridays normally great for me with both boys but am holiday for the next few weeks so will have to join when we get back.

In terms of water, I have been giving Sam some on the really hot days, a couple of ounces in the afternoon kind of between milk feeds. My dad is a GP and it's on his advice. Also been keeping him I just a nappy and he is sleeping with a 0.5 tog sleeping bag on. It's th flipping car seat I can't bear which makes him so sweaty.

Hope to see you all in a few weeks

Xx

Hi ladies before I post a message on the wider forum thought I'd message here first; I'm selling my new tommy tippee steriliser (used but v clean) plus 3 small and 6 big bottles. San just didn't get on with them and I now have a very large bottle collection trying to get the right ones for him!!

Selling all for ?25, let me know if interested!

Nikkix x

hi ladies, I'm looking for advice from experienced mums. Isabel is 4 weeks old and I'm exclusively breast feeding her. She seems to have a huge appetite but as I don't have anyone to benchmark against thought I'd ask how often you feed and for how long each time?

Hello everyone, sorry haven't been on here for a while. Been getting used to being a mum and had my first week on my own last week so trying to do the most basic things proved difficult. I know that everyone is not meeting this Tuesday as its a bank holiday but I would really be up for a meet up the following Tuesday. I hope the weather is nice but I must admit Maggie seems to prefer it not too hot. Hope all mums and babies are well and that you enjoy the long bank holiday.

I really sympathise with Jayne and other mums with clingy babies. I have her asleep on my chest at the moment. It's lovely but at the same time I could murder a cup of tea but can't move her as as soon as I attempt to put her down she will wake!

See you all in a week, lucy

Hi all.... look forward to catching up with you Lucy week after next... Here's hoping you get your cuppa before then!!

Lorna, guess all babies are different in terms of feeding but typically you might be feeding every 2.5/3 hrs (timed from the beginning of the feed) for 20-40 mins. . You get babies often take longer but speed up as the get older and more efficient feeders. Then there are the dreaded growth spurt days... 1-2 days of much more frequent feeding, but these only happen every so often Hope that helps!

Good bank holiday all...here's hoping for not too much soggy bunting!