What to do with toddler shoes once outgrown but not worn out

ClareC

My daughter is in a new pair of shoes roughly every 6 weeks at the moment. I have a growing collection of shoes that are too small for her, used and a bit scuffed, but nowhere near worn out. There are Clarks, Kickers, and Startright shoes plus a couple of pairs of mothercare sandals. I also have 2 pairs of Ugg boots and converse trainers.

Seems a waste to throw them away but all except the sandals, Uggs and converse were fitted.

Any suggestions as to where they could be put to good use?

You could also put them on EBay with a low starting price, eg ?1. There was a thread on this earlier. It seems if you list them EBay with a low starting price, they are likely to go to people who really need/want them. Whereas many charities that take clothes don't necessaritly to take shoes, so you can't just put them in any charity box. xx

Most Clarks shoes on eBay sell really well, even when worn. They are a huge expense to some people brand new! I'm the same as you, kept all shoes wondering what to do with them. Daughter was also growing out of Clarks shoes every 6 weeks, even a ?48 pair!! I always look on eBay out of curiosity to see what they go for (meaning to sell, but never get round to it, typical!), and some of the shoes go for ?10-15 easily! So long as you make sure to state they are worn, and most take a picture of inside to see the 'indentations' its up to bidders if they are willing to let their child wear used shoes.

Autumn/winter shoes will be starting to sell a lot better now, so if you have some sling them up you'll probably get a fair price.

When I was skint(er)I used to get my daughter's feet measured at Clarks, then scour Ebay for Clarks or Startrite of the right size & width...

I know it's not ideal to wear pre-worn shoes, but the ones I bought were much much better quality - and probably better for her feet - than the cheaper new shoes I could have paid the same money for, and which would in any case have come from shops or market stalls where they don't pay attention to the fitting. Some of the shoes I bought from ebay were hardly worn at all, and I don't think the pre-worn thing is a huge issue with soft shoes anyway.

We used to do a lot of walking and her feet have turned out fine :). Just note when you sell that they are scuffed, & take decent photos of the soles so people can see how worn they are.

There are two Charity Shops in Peckham that take children's shoes in good condition. One is on the top of Rye Lane, close to WHSmiths and the other (Scope?) in the parade in front and to the right of Peckham Square, close to Peckham Space and you can park on the main road there for loading/unloading.

Renata

• 1 month later...