Rugby World Cup

Mick Mac

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ITV's coverage is pretty awful, although I like

> Girve the Swerve, Fitzpatrick and Bayfield.

>

> 830 tomorrow for the sacking of Scotland

I think Phil Vickery is awful as a co commentator. Not just what he says or doesn't, but his voice just doesn't sound right on TV.

I think the studio guys are all good speakers. That bloody board though is a waste of time. Trying too hard to do a Sky when it's not necessary.

I think Johnson and his team are clueless. Why are Deacon and Tindall in the team. Why did Stevens and Wilkinson come out for the second half. First scrum with Corbs on they get the shove and a penalty. They've even coached the talent out of Youngs. Jebus. Thing is, you can see them making the final.

It wouldn't surprise me at all now if England limped their way into another final. Their ability to do that is impressive in a way, but personally I'd rather see either Ireland or Wales get there playing decent rugby. I'd be interested to see Wilkinson at inside centre with Flood at flyhalf and drop Tindall, probably too late to change much though.

Still waiting for England to 'click' but it doesn't happen. I remember waiting for it in 2007 but suddenly they were in the final and by then it was too late. Even the collapse of the French is conspiring to flatter them.

No taper, I can not see England getting to the Final. As for Ireland's backs being poor, I'd rather them than England's any day. I can see them ripping Italy apart tomorrow. The AB's will still have to negotiate Australia or S.Africa and they are famous for getting the collywobbles. If they lose Carter & McCaw they will be a much weaker team. I still wouldn't rule France out either.

Well if anything good comes out of the shambles of today, then at least Johno will come to his senses and realise that Tindall has won 50odd too many caps. Never should he have been picked in the squad let alone the team. Add to that Moody is not the man he was (never an out and out real 7 anyway) and that Jonny is struggling to find his radar. Changes please based on common sense. Oh, and can someone please explain to the players on the park that the ref needs to be played - regardless of his decisions! The outside backs can set the tournament alight but can the lads up front please wake up and smell the salts/roses!!

Unless they show up with game A++ they're on the next flight home. Shockingly poor and needs some significant improvement.

Jonny wrist injury ? Anyone heard anything more about it?

taper Wrote:

> I think Ireland's backs are inspired. D'Arcy is a

> world beater and BOD's genius endures. They will

> certainly rip the eyeties a new one. But I reckon

> they'll win by loads.

I knew that's what you really meant first time taper!

Hmmmm..........I think though I hate to write it, Ireland. After that France to start to play and win. I suspect that MJ thinks the backs just get in the way. Kiwi's to beat Argentina and the Aussies to beat SA power with silky skills. I don't think I'd bet on 3 of the 4 though.

taper Wrote:

> Merely an edit to clarify what I meant. I'm not

> proud of it.

>

> So who wins the quarters. My money's on: England,

> Ireland, UnZud and The Bokke. Ireland All Black

> final.

now that would be awesome