Are there any soft play/crawling areas around East Dulwich/Peckham

Mon-Thurs, 10-12, there's Toddlerworld @ Crystal Palace Sports Centre... Nice sized space with soft play/rockers/musical instruments for babies/toddlers. There's a cafe in the sports centre (untested by myself) but doubt drinks/food would be allowed into the play area.

Well there is an idea... Anyone fancy opening a cafe with soft play... you will do really well round here!

I know what you mean tho mm... I find playdates easier at home or at others homes but sometimes it's nice to have someone else make the drinks & bring you cake

I did go to bumps & babes in red post hill last fri & that's great but only once a week!

Yes, I've heard that Peckham soft play has just had a big deep clean and they have bought new toys. The baby gym in Camberwell will reopen next year as part of the next phase of the pool and gym refurbishment too. There's still definitely room in the market for something based in E Dulwich, though...

The cafe on the corner of The Gardens and Peckham Rye has a room at the back with space for toddlers to roam, and a few toys and books. The food and coffee are not the greatest but they seem to have got rid of the grumpy staff; the last couple of times I've been there they've been very friendly and cheerful and my daughter's had a lovely time.

...where's the Vale's play area?? Went in there a few months back to meet up with NCT friends and there was nowhere for our crawling 10 month olds (at the time) to play apart from cruising laps of the table.

The advertised "play area" appeared to be a bookcase with a few books/boardgames for older children.

I would be more than will to offer soft play equipment at a venue for crawling babies/small toddlers (as posted before on this forum) if others would be willing to assist with the refreshments and supervising side of it all.

PM me if you are interested in helping out in any way. I found a great venue in West Dulwich with a large kitchen area too but still looking for a good spot in ED.

Thanks

Kim

www.tippeetoes.co.uk