Des The Decorator - Painting and decorating for both interior and exterior projects

DesTheDecorator

Had Des back last month to do the last few inside rooms and also some external work on some windows. Really happy with the work, as others have said the best thing about Des is the high quality finish he gets, as well as being a thoroughly nice guy to have around. As I've said before him and Greg Bramwell (carpenter with lots of recommendations on here), work really well together - Greg built us some TV shelves in an alcove which look great and then Des painted them up and sealed them so they blend in to the wall. They are good friends which is helpful as it means Des can coordinate things between them so they happen in the right order regarding building shelves, painting etc. and then you dont have to worry about it. One of Des's team also did some wallpapering this time which we're also v happy with. It was also nice that Des is happy to carry out the numerous odd jobs that come up when decorating an old house - during his last time with us he fixed 2 roof leaks, re sealed a leaky bath and repaired some pointing on an external wall, none of which he charged extra for, despite it all taking a fair amount of time. Highly recommended if looking for a quality decorator.

Telephone for Des is 07971299009

Another recommendation for Des.

He painted/decorated the whole of my last house on Heber a few years ago and he's just finished both the inside and outside of our current house on Friern.

Professional, reliable, local and a great bloke which is why we keep going back to him.

• 1 month later...

I posted this in another section already but wanted to add the recommendation here too. We just got Des back to do some more painting for us, this time outside doors and window frames and as usual he is doing a very fine job.

"We've just had the wonderful Des (as recommended on the forum) paint the interior of our house, he's a lovely guy, very hard working,always leaves the job clean & tidy and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone else. Telephone for Des is 07971 299009"

I also highly recommend Des. He did a beautiful painting job on my built-in wardrobe, charged a reasonable price and left everything immaculate. He did the painting when I was away for the weekend and I came back to a very clean home. I would not hesitate in using him again in the future.

• 4 months later...

I would like to reccomend Des, too. He has just finished a work of two weeks, painting our new ground flat garden. He is the best so far: Professional & Honest. He did a beautiful painting job on our cupboards (built in wardrobes). He re-paired part of the damage old wood floor in our bedroom with wedges. He also painted our walls and helped me with Amazing & Fantastic suggestions to how decorate our flat. He always being very helpful and a fantastic professional to have around.

He loves to have nice coffee at the beginning of the day and some biscuits or better a slice of cake. The Best so far!!! Veronica & Yannick (Vicky & Johnny)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I can also highly recommend Des. He decorated the outside of our house which was in desperate need of lots of TLC. I honestly didn't think that much could be done to improve it without resorting to some building work, but Des did an absolutely superb job with incredible attention to detail. He repaired badly corrupted stone work on our window sills and doorway. He applied several coats on all windows and sills and our house now looks really excellent. His quote was very reasonable, he showed up bang on time and left the place very clean and tidy. If you need some decorating doing, then look no further than Des. I will certainly use him again when we need some decorating work done to a great standard. Contact him on 07971 299 009

• 1 month later...

Just had an outside painting job done by Des Bradley, including windows and window-cills (filling cracks, squaring up, and painting). All looks great, given the front some kerb appeal vs the former crumbly neglected look, and had several people admiring and asking who did it. Des was great, felt totally comfortable leaving him to get on with the job and do whatever needed doing to get it all new and shiny. Comes highly recommended.

Al&Em

• 3 months later...

I've just had Des paint the inside & outside of my windows, as well as paint front door and change all the locks/letterbox etc...it all looks amazing and have had many nice comments from neighbours. He worked hard, attention to detail was excellent. If anything was not perfect he would go over it again. He was punctual, trustworthy, reliable and very friendly. Even had a quick look at my gutters and fix part of a fence panel. Highly recommended. V Reasonable pricing.

Thanks,

Reena

• 3 months later...

I rarely make recommendations here on the forum, but for Des I must.

I have not met a more trust worthy individual to be left in my house to work and to top it off the work he did in our house was excellent. After chatting a bit we released our kids are a similar age and at the same school in E.D., so true to the point that he is local and not in the neighbouring areas or further a field.

I like him very much and will only use Des for any painting decorating needs from now on, highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
My experience with Des has not been a positive one. The work which was carried out on my bay windows needed remedial work less than a year after it was done. When I contacted Des regarding recompense I was asked why I didn't use his guarantee and then completely ignored. I would not use again.

• 4 weeks later...
Des has just done some more work for us which means he's now painted our entire house inside and out over the course of a couple of years. We think he's brilliant - he's an absolute perfectionist and isn't happy until the finish is of the highest quality. He can also tackle all the little odd jobs that come up with an old East Dulwich house, he sorted out a couple of window sill leaks for us, got a friend in to do some roof patching, and did a great repair himself on a completely rotten window sill. The work he did on the outside 18 months ago still looks great but I have no doubt he would pop back and sort out anything that went wrong under his guarantee as every time he comes back to do another job he's sorted out stuff that I've messed up free of charge eg. When I've scuffed a wall by accident Des has just touched it up while he's there. It's testament to how good he is that if you chat to Des you find out that the vast majority of his work is repeat business. On that note like most good people in East Dulwich Des is kept pretty busy so get in early if you need him. Really nice guy to have around and highly recommended by us.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Des painted all the outside of our windows about 5 months ago, he did a great job and it is lasting well. He was always on time, very helpful, gave us good advice and even fixed our leaking gutter for no extra charge. If you need a good painter and one whoose work lasts then call Des.

• 4 weeks later...
I would thoroughly recommend Des Bradley (07971 299009). I found Des after numerous recommendations on EDF. He did the job (painting hallway door frames and skirting boards) to a high quality within the stated timeframe within budget. He was extremely clean, reliable and trustworthy. I would hire him for more jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
We recently had Des paint 5 doors, skirting boards and our front door - they were all done perfectly with no mess and little interruption. Des even gave me a little paint kit and mini lesson on how to do some extra bits that I couldn't afford to pay him to do - very kind, professional and extremely good at his job. Will absolutely get him back to paint again. Thanks Des!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I would also like to highly recommend Des who recently did a beautiful job of painting the interior of our house. Des's attention to detail and his professionalism is of the highest and most excellent quality.

Thank you Des.