Euphemisms that drive you mad

Peckhamgatecrasher

Do you read private eye? They have them there every issue, have been some absolute classics over the years.

"The Blue Team: Outsourced Vehicle Movement Solutions "

CAR DELIVERIES

"Clegg: Accommodation Solutions "

FLATS

"Integrated Care Solutions (Shropshire): working in partnership to deliver Residential, Day-care and Extra-care solutions "

NURSING HOMES

"Uniq's Vision is to be the most exciting provider of chilled food solutions to our customers across Europe "

READY MEALS

I really hate B.C.E and C.E instead of B.C and A.D. Let?s just sort out our uncomfortable perceptions of the past with stupid euphemisms. Why not burn the history books while you?re at it.

It makes about as much sense as:

Most of the days of the week are named after old Germanic gods. Today is Thor?s day. Thor is the thunder god of a historically dominant culture and is not fully representative of our current society so any further use of Thursday is clearly discriminatory and must cease this instant.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Utilised extensibility doesn't necessarily reflect

> the quality of an applied value-solution.

> oops.

> Longer doesn't mean better.

Reminds me of a paper written by someone from somewhere that I heard about somehow, entitled:

Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective of Necessity

Not sure if it really qualifies as a euphemism, or if it's just cliche mixed with ellipsis, but "end of" used on its really gets my goat - as in "He's sacked. End of." I don't mind if people say "end of story" which I am guess was the origin of the phrase, but "end of" along? No. Please.

On the positive side, a mate used to have an entry on his CV for a period as a "Client Relocation Manager" - bouncer, to you and me.