Places that you've been that you reall shouldn't have..

????

My flatmate's bedroom on the ground floor. (Hiding from a certain visitor and had to eventually 'escape' through the window out the back)

An unassuming nightclub in mid-90s Prague. (Turned out to be a VERY naughty but bizarre sex show, pole-dancing place to the joy of all three male friends I was travelling with)

Kebab & Wine. East Dulwich. Every time.

Quids, my mates used to say I spent most of the evening at Turnmills in the loos (nothing dodgy, just applying lipstick for the thousandth time).

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The Shed/the Shelf/North Bank Higbury

>

> I was in the North Bank in 1990 when we (the

> gooners) were playing you (the @#$%&) and there

> was a small group of about 8 people in the North

> Bank lower tier who broke into a song:

>

> West Ham in the North Bank

> West Ham in the North Bank

> TA LA LA LAAA

>

> Please tell me it was not you.

>

>

>

The North Bank means the one at Upton Park to me....now gone

Nope, by 1990 I was gentrified it wasn't me :))

*Pulau Nias, Indonesia. Renamed it island of liars after a week.

*Cells at Chelsea police stn with knife wounds and refusing a doctor treat them (and somehow avoiding a search so they didn't find my 1/2 oz of red lebanese, even though I had a 12" pipe in rasta colours sticking out of breast pocket of my dinner jacket, weird).

*Burmese military cells for being caught camping alone in area controlled by the Mon National Liberation Army.

*On a plan from Dacca, Bangladesh to Rangoon when a fight between 30-40 drunk Indians/Burmese broke out, was sure we were all gonna die that flight. At Rangoon the army came on board and were less than subtle in their resolution of the situation.

*Bob Dylan concert at Brixton Acadamy about 5 years ago when the man didn't even pick-up his guitar, sang like my cat being shampooed and even tried to 'dance'.

*Stepping onto a street in Aldershot when an orange VW Beetle should have known I wasn't looking.

*Court for drink-driving when I'd gone to get my bag from my car and 2 guys in the car park looking for a lift decided to force me to drive them across Berkshire. I got a split face and lost a tooth, pulled-in at a gas station and told attendant to call the police. 1 year ban.

KK, great list, and you've reminded me.

* Plane in Burma. One of the last two remaining in the Burmese plane collection. All the others had crashed. When we took off we realised why. Too late.

We were the only people on the plane who weren't Burmese, and we were seated at the front with some military top brass.

Once we were airborne, I turned round and saw that all the other passengers on the plane were praying :))

We'd had to pay an arm and a leg in bribes to get on the plane in the first place, as well :))

* Oh yeh and Pangandaran in Java. My then partner was witness to the theft of a wallet. The thief tried to pin it on my partner. We spent the whole night at the police station where what seemed like the whole population of Pangandaran was trying to peer in the windows, then the police took the thief round the back of the building, beat him up and let us go :-S

Ooh... Kings Cross Water Rats, when The Busines were playing, some time in the early/mid 90s. A group of neo-nazis (combat 18?) turned up and smashed the place up, in retaliation for the band playing at a recent anti-racism rally. A friend of ours (who was playing in the support band) got stabbed. We (four teenagers from Hertfordshire) ran to Kings Cross station as fast as we could.