Hummy Mummies - a new choir for mums and tots

Hooray!

I completely agree with Richard. Anyone can sing if they do sing. It's so sad the way lots of people are convinced they can't, what a glorious pleasure denied.

(I can't come because I work, but I would be happy to be a Hummy Mummy in spirit)

If any of you lovely people have any suggestions as to what sort of toys to get and where I might get some without breaking the bank, I'd love to hear them. I'm taking a bit of a risk on this, and want to make sure that I provide a good selection of toys, but can't afford much at this stage. I've checked Freecycle but can't see much at the moment. Anyone got a selection they want to flog me?

Right, the website has been updated, and you can now buy a block of 10 sessions online for ?50 via PayPal. It's easy, convenient and cash-free. I'll be printing cards as soon as I've designed them - realistically they'll be ready for Monday 21 November, so the first drop-in session will be ?5, not ?6. Once I have the cards up and running, a one-off session will cost ?6.

The advantage with this system is that you don't waste the sessions you don't use. You simply don't pay for any you don't attend. It's the only sensible way to run a regular activity given our busy lifestyles, and I don't know why more people don't do it.

Hi all

Just wondering how many of you are planning to come tomorrow morning? I'm looking forward to this very much. I've managed to get a nice playmat and couple of books and toys. Been looking for NCT nearly-new sales but not found anything else in time. If you have anything suitable in good condition, bring it along and I may well buy it from you.

Hope to see a good contingent of mums tomorrow.

Richard

My two year old and I had a BRILLIANT morning this morning with the other humming Mummies. Do give it a go if you are a half considering it, I had forgotten how singing gives you the most enormous endorphin boost and I was unusually patient and nice to my toddler for the rest of the day! Very much looking forward to the next session.

Right, a few more developments. I've booked the room for the next few weeks as it looks like this is a going concern.

I'll hopefully have the 10-session cards printed by Monday - but if not, I'll make the drop-in ?5 again. After I get them printed the drop-in session will be ?6 and the block of 10 will be ?50.

I'm after a bit of Mum Expertise. Where are the places to target with flyers, leaflets etc. Sparkle has been very helpful, as has oldnewromantic, but if you have ideas about other potential locations, whether in E Dulwich or not, please let me know.

Also, if any of you have any good connections in the media, I'm looking to get some PR for this at the moment, so if you know any TV producers or influential journalists, please feel free to put them in touch.

Look forward to seeing you on Monday at 10am.

Richard

Thanks bluesuperted. I really enjoyed the session too. You all sounded fab. I'll be putting the stuff online soon so that people can hear what the results are. I'll also put the alto lines up so that people can practise them at home. Just trademarked the name - watch this space for further developments...

Right, the recordings are up. Quite pleased with them, given that we've only had 2 sessions. Haven't had a chance to record the alto line separately yet, as my mum is in hospital and I've been doing lots of stuff for her (aren't I a good son!). But I will, fret ye not. In the meantime, have a listen here, and if you're not already subscribed to the mailing list, sign yourself up. I'm getting the 10-session cards delivered tonight! :)