Hummy Mummies - a new choir for mums and tots

Richard, couldn't tell if the new recording was recorded over the previous one?

Some suggestions for songs.... I'm afraid my taste is somewhat old fashioned!

Isn't she lovely - Stevie Wonder

Thank you for the Music - ABBA

When you say nothing at all - Ronan Keating

I think you all sound great, I really love the toddler ranting in the background of the recordings :) Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to come along until my VERY cheeky toddler has been packed away to nursery- he's an absolute joy but incredibly hard work- and I have a lovely 4mo old too.

HOWEVER, if you ever wanted to record in a studio setting, Mr B has offered up his free of charge :) Yes, really. Not in a dodgy 'I've got a studio in my garage' way, either, he has a post-production editing and recording suite in the west end. He's in 'the trade', so to speak.

Keep up the good work, Mums.

I am just finishing a sewing course but then would love to join in for a couple of weeks before Christmas. You sound really really great! If you are still thinking of new tracks, Wherever you are (the new single just about to be released by the military wives choir) is just beautiful....a real tear jerker!

I'm afraid on my rubbish phone I can't see who was looking for an evening choir earlier in this thread but Camberwell community choir is a new, free, choir open to all. Details at www.musicatstgiles.co.uk (we just rehearse in the church, it's not faith based in case you were wondering).

I CANNOT stop humming/singing the songs we've been working on. Really nice to have something to look forward to on Monday mornings!

Ruth, can I encourage you to come along to try it once if you're keen? I was very skeptical that I would be able to do any singing with my 3 year old and 9 month old in situ. But they seem almost stunned into good behaviour that Mum is doing something fun for herself! And the cafe in the church is good value so you can maybe bribe him with a treat after we sing? If it goes terribly wrong we won't judge you if you have to leave halfway through!

Hi Michelle

Well, I run 2 choirs which do that - there's London City Voices which meet at 6.30pm on Wednesdays in the City (finish at 8pm), or there's the Nunhead Community Choir who meet at Ivydale Primary School on a Thursday from 8pm till 9.45pm. The Nunhead Choir have a concert coming up next Sunday (11 Dec), check on the website for details.

Lovely sounds yesterday from all the Hummy Mummies. Thank you for coming all you new recruits, you did brilliantly. We had quite a lot of apologies due to sickness, but were in no way depleted in numbers thanks to a new influx of mums. Looking forward to the new year now.

We will have 2 more sessions this year and then break for Christmas. We will start again on 9 Jan at Christchurch, and will hopefully have sorted out another weekly session in West Dulwich too. I'm getting there with rolling this out in other locations as well - will keep you posted.

I'll do a little mail-out later on.

Richard x

• 3 weeks later...