to the (male name for a hen) who parks their BMW "RO51 A*C" across my drive

Call the council saying you need to get out nb your car will need to be in your drive, and I'm assuming a dropped kerb, and my understanding is they'll ticket or move it. Dropped kerb is important... and you need to need to get out, not in.

That's my understanding anyway.

Yes my understanding is that it's not an offence to stop you getting into your drive, but it is to stop you getting out.

So if your car is blocked in ... make the call.

If not, or the drive looks like its not used for parking a car, (to narrow, full of bins, plants etc) then I fear you won't get anywhere.

& all of this only applies if there is legitimate dropped kerb pavement access. A DIY converted front garden that involves bumping up the kerb for access, will not be recognised as a "drive" & therefore won't be recognised as being blocked.

So when there are cars parked on drives without dropped kerbs is it alright to park there? I never know if I should or not so I don't but on some roads i.e. my doctors most of the drives seem makeshift without a dropped kerb and parking is limited!

Xena: put a note on the car that way they will def get the message.

Marie81 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So when there are cars parked on drives without

> dropped kerbs is it alright to park there? I

> never know if I should or not so I don't but on

> some roads i.e. my doctors most of the drives seem

> makeshift without a dropped kerb and parking is

> limited!

>

> Xena: put a note on the car that way they will def

> get the message.

I think an element of self preservation needs to be considered here. Good law abiding citizens apply to the council and cough up the cash for a drop kerb. Those who don't....... Well, I'd be a little wary if it was me.

Hi we called the police when we we couldn't get out of our drive a few months ago who said it was definitely down to the council. Southwark couldn't send anyone out so we ended up having to call a cab (I had to get somewhere in a hurry and was already running too late to get the two buses I would have had to take to get there). My understanding was that you only needed planning permission for a dropped kerb if you live on an 'A' road (which we do) but may be worth checking this out.

We were blocked in by a car a couple of years ago. We rang the police and the council but nothing was done at first. The next day the police tried ringing the registered keeper who lived in the next road, but they failed to make contact with her. They came to tow it away when at the end of our tether we informed the police we were going to cave in the windows!!!

Just to add that we would not have been able to have got my disabled Mother who was in a wheelchair out of the house if there had been an emergency or had simply wanted to go out!