Idle cricket musing

Peckhamgatecrasher

Any of you guys fancy actually playing some cricket for a friendly local Sunday team?

Our home ground is the South Bank Polytechnic on Turney Road in Dulwich. Games are 40 overs each side and start at 2pm. Standard is reasonable with most cricketing countries represented in the team.

If interested please email me at [email protected]

Cheers

js

If these conditions continue and there is much play it?s going to be difficult for the batsmen with the ball moving around.

I think they may be doing a rain dance in the Windies locker room this morning.

Has anyone else noticed how pissed off Chris Gayle is looking? I?m expecting him to punch someone any minute now. Perhaps Mark Nicholas after he asks him one too many uncomfortable questions about catching practice.

There is such a thing as bra policy? Is this a purely internal matter for bra producers or is it governed by some overarching body and/or legislation? What does it have to say on the wearing of or not and transparency issues?

Not bad - set off in rain, rain delayed start by 1 hour then for the short morning session we saw three wickets fall, long and slow afternoon session then after tea all action again. Some good catches - some good banter with KP fielding at extra cover and a decent picnic. Plus, of course, England won. The opposition wasn't strong but the England performance was a good team effort, only Bresnan not getting a wicket but he took a good catch in gully / 4th slip area. Cook's catch of Nash off Broad was very good - a skier that was difficult to place.