Coin Star machines in ED?

c_m_h

The coin star webiste shows that there should be a machine inside the big Sainsburys on Dog Kennel Hill. Does anyone know if its still there? The website also shows that there's one in Acre Lane Tesco too, but Tesco removed it a couple of months ago and its not reflected in the website, so unsure if there will still be one in Sainsburys, and its a long way to carry my penny jars if not. Cheers.

Glad to be of help. If you want a second tip then, if you travel, open a Metrobank account - they are (I think) the only ones left that don't charge you to use foreign ATMs. We opened one for a holiday account after the Nationwide pulled the plug on the previously well-publicised deal. Save on the 4% to 5% that other banks charge.

What is Coin Star, does it just change small change, as it were?

Because if so, I save up all mine until I've got zillions of pounds' worth and then take it to my bank in Lordship Lane who've always been happy to change it for notes provided I bag it up properly so they just have to weigh it.

They've never charged me for doing that.

If not, just ignore this post :))

The main benefit of the machines Sue is that you don't have to bag up your zillions you just chuck them in and it sorts it all out. 7% is a bit steep mind you.

We have an account with Nat West and they have a similar machine that do it for free in certain branches - just goes straight into your account. My other half takes great satisfaction taking all our change in and getting ?12.58 put into the joint account every now and again.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Agreed that 7% is quite steep, but if I had ?10

> worth of change, there's no way I'd spend an hour

> sorting it into bags just to save 70p.

>

xxxxxx

Doesn't take long at all if you keep different denominations separate from the start.

I find counting change quite soothing, but then I'm time rich and cash poor :)

I use the machines for very small change that I can't be bothered counting, but have always bagged up bigger coins. HSBC now have these machines though, and the will just pay straight in to your accound without a charge.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I use the machines for very small change that I

> can't be bothered counting, but have always bagged

> up bigger coins. HSBC now have these machines

> though, and the will just pay straight in to your

> accound without a charge.

xxxxxx

Really? The HSBC in Lordship Lane? I'm with First Direct (highly recommended btw), but I use HSBC when I need an actual physical bank :)