Black cat missing - Bromar Road (Lounged)

michaell

Hi there

Our little cat seems to be missing. He is 10 months old (so almost a grown up cat) but relatively small and looks young. He is all black and a cheeky little thing but likely to be scared out on his own for so long. He doesnt have a collar but has been tagged.

He's only been missing 24 hours but thats a long time without food - so please keep your eyes open and give me a call on 07775 552043 if you think you have seen him.

thanks!

Aimee

What's his name? Just in case someone spots him... it's often easier to be able to call out their name see if they respond.

Hope he turns up soon - I'm sure he'll just be off on a big adventure and will arrive home completely unaware of the fuss he's caused!

Good luck.

Sorry to hear your cat is missing. Ours went missing a few weeks ago and has now come back. He must have been stuck in a garden shed. We actually hand wrote notes (our printer was not working) and posted them through our neighbours' letter boxes quite late in the evening. Corfu was freed at 3.30am in the morning so the personal touch must have helped. I am not saying you should hand write your notes but you could print as many times as you can and post them through people's letter boxes. Also put posters up in hot spots if you have not done this already (bus stops, train station, supermarket...)

Good luck and keep us posted.

If you do put notes through people's doors why not put the forum address on it too?

That way people can log on for an update and find out if they should keep looking or hopefully so they can share in the good news when he's found!

Helps drive traffic to the site too, so there'll be more people online if anyone else needs help in the future for this kind of thing.

I will look out for your pet and cross my fingers he comes home soon

Good idea Snoopy - I did this on three roads last night and am going to do more tonight - we've also been putting up some signs but on the way home from work last night noticed that a few had been taken down - which isnt very nice. Anyway - we wont give up!

Aimee

Thanks Alan - i didnt realise they had a forum too. Yes we kind of live at the junction of three postcodes - at hte bottom of our Road is ED and one road to the right is Peckham Rye. I've been posting notes through doors like crazy - so hopefully something will come of that!

thanks, Aimee

We have a call from someone who spotted Oscar on Derwent Grove (near Melbourne Grove) on Sunday!! Can everyone who lives in that area keep a careful lookout please! He probably crossed the main road when it was quiet and is now too frightened or too lost to come back!

If you do see him and dont mind cats, perhaps you could try and lure him in to your house so that we can come and pick him up?

Thanks for your help!

Aimee

Hi - don't want to put a dampner on the sighting but I have two black cats that are often in and around Melbourne Grove. There is also a young female black cat on Blackwater street so it could have been one of these three that has been spotted. My two don't have collars on currently as they have lost them so they could look like they don't belong!

Yep - please don't lure the wrong cat in!

To be a bit more accurate on Oscar, he's quite small, all black EXCEPT for a few wisps of white on his chest - literally 10 or so hairs. So if you do see him, please check he's the little rascal we're after before catching him!

By the way, the sighting on Derwent Grove matched the wispy hairs bit perfectly so seems likely to be him!

Mike

Don't give up hope guys, I'm sure Oscar will turn up safely any day now just as Mika did last night. Even if he's locked in somewhere he'll still be fine - the cold weather works in their favour as it means they don't need as much water etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, as know how stressful it is!

Pippa