Summer babies thread (due June/July/August 2012)

Hiya

Sorry to be a pain but I though I'd send a shout out. For various reasons (antenatal classes, work, visiting family) I don't have any saturday days free until May 26th. yes, it's ridiculous really, and quite close to my due date.

I'd really like to meet people though, it seems a shame not to, and wondered if anyone wanted to meet for coffee or a drink on another day? I'm more Nunhead but happy to meet anywhere, occasionally flexible during the week (sometimes work from home) I could do certain times on Sundays 15th or 29th too.

Anyway, if anyone fancies it PM me and let me know. Not trying to create a splinter group (SPLITTERS!) just a bit sad I won't be able to make any saturday meet ups. Sob. I guess there's always post May 26th....

Great to meet some of you on Saturday - and looking forward to doing it again soon (and am up for coffee on any other days, Ellie).

I haven't actually been in this forum before so have just been catching up on the thread. This is a great way to meet other mums-to-be and to share pregnancy highs and lows.

I'm due on 30 June but am expecting twins (a boy and a girl) so they are likely to arrive earlier!

Hope you're all doing well and hope to see you soonxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Unfortunately Saturdays don't work for me but I'm keen to meet other mums, especially 2nd timers (with toddlers). I'm due 14th August and have a very active, jolly 19 month old daughter.

I'm off work on Fridays and near Peckham Rye park so anyone up for a coffee/lunch, let me know. I don't visit EDF as often as I used to so will respond to PMs quicker.

Look forward to meeting others!

BC

Hi again,

just a reminder I'll be at goose green playground tomorrow morning with my 2 year old boy, when there's a break from the rain... hope to see some of you then.

Will send a PM to browncoffee now, and anyone else planning to come maybe send me a PM and we can swap numbers?

Also hoping to meet up next Saturday 28th at the Plough, as I missed the 14th.

Hope everyone is happy and growing!

Rachael

FREE TODAY TO DO TV???

Hello ladies,

Amy here (previously AmyHitch but I can't remember my password thanks to my baby-brain so I've logged in with hubbys).

I met a few of you at the Plough a few weeks ago (but annoyingly missed the last one as was in Notts visiting my mum)... anyway I work for Sky News and my collegue needs a group of mums to interview about home/hospital birth for a story for Sky News TV for tomorrow.

Please will you call me if you'd be happy to be filmed today / tomorrow - just for 10 mins, they'd come to you.

07824 824455

Thanks!

Amy x

Hello,

I've been lurking here for a while and have posted already but not been able to come to any of the meet-ups...

Can I ask anyone who already has a child whether they are planning to leave them in part time childcare or how they plan to manage a toddler plus a newborn and lack of sleep into the bargain? I'm very nervous about this. My husband says to leave the toddler in childcare as much as possible but what are other people doing?

dx

I got to meet some of you at the end of March but missed last weeks catch up.

Rachel - I'm up for meeting with toddler in tow (she'll be three in May) but I'm working Tues - Fri for another month.

Amy - sorry can't help on this occasion, just as well really as feeling like an unattractive beached whale and not brave enough for TV.

Deirdre - planning on keeping part time nursery place for as long as I can afford whilst on mat leave. I might reduce it by one day if necessary and hoping that Granny and Nanny will want to come over occasionally to either have baby or toddler so I can have some time with each individually. But nothing is set in stone.

Hope everyone is well and to see you all at the next meeting.

Charlotte.

Hello ladies,

I'm really looking forward to this Saturday's meet up as I've missed the last 2! Bump is growing nicely and feeling pretty good despite the fact that we have just moved into a building site!

Wanted to ask if anyone was interested in a daytime Pregnancy Pilates class in East Dulwich? It could be on a mon, tues or wed late morning or early afternoon. Let me know if you are interested so I can get a venue sorted. I would run this class in 5 week blocks to allow for people's due date and the cost would be ?50.

PM me!

Kellie

26 weeks

Hi there,

I'm new to this thread but 32 months pregnant and would love to join in if there's still time? Just reading some of the posts and looks like people are meeting up this saturday (28th), if so can anyone tell me when and where and if it's ok just to turn up? I'm fairly new to the area, just started NCT classes and this is my first, would be great to meet some of you and feel part of whats going on in prep for the new arrival and big life style change :)

thanks

Hello summer ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow & I've started maternity leave from today, so the count down is on!

Erika and anyone else who is around during the day, I'm free for lunch, coffee whatever...anytime!

Hope to hear from some of you re. mid-week meet ups and look forward to catching up with whoever can make it on Sat.

Julia x

Hi all

Agree that regular get togethers are a great idea but unfortunately I won't be able to make an alternate Saturday meet up until 26 may which feels a long way away. I don't work Mondays or Friday afternoons, so if anyone fancies meeting up on one of those days, then let me know. I'm going to France tomorrow for a week but am then around. Would love to meet any summer mums but would be particularly great to get to know others who are going to be juggling their newborn and a toddler. I already have a very active 13 month old boy. If anyone is interested I could meet on 14 or 18 May? Look forward to seeing lots of you on 26 May and to hopefully seeing some of you before then.

Emma

Hi all,

Ok - the next weekday meet up we're planning for Friday 4th May 3pm at Peckham rye park.

Meeting at the little open playground next to the one o'clock club (my son loves that roundabout!)

Hope to see some of you there, and if not, then this Sat at the Plough at 2pm.

Rachael

Hi Erika

I've generally not around on Saturdays either due to house move and weddings until 26 May - sucks! So definitely up for a weekday meet up. I work a three day week at the mo, but sadly I'm in the office next Thurs! I'm always free on Wednesdays if that works? x